Author Topic: AVWW Beta 0.552, "Parallax And The End Of The World" Released!  (Read 7708 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: AVWW Beta 0.552, "Parallax And The End Of The World" Released!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »
This is my first time through the intro mission. I'm about 1/5th of the way through, but it looks nice. I gotta say though, whoever is in charge of writing those epitaphs has a severe snark issue.  ;D

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 01:00:24 pm »
whoever is in charge of writing those epitaphs has a severe snark issue.  ;D
The overlords were bored back then.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 02:00:01 pm »
This latest update is fantastic well done devs having a great time. Can't wait for the future of this game.

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 03:10:13 pm »
It seems to me like the mini-bosses are actually harder than the bosses themselves.

I figured since I was able to defeat the red amoeba/dragon/giant skelebots (just about anyway) that I'd have an more laid back time against the mini bosses moving in on my settlement. Not so.

Of course I know there's a lot of kinks need to be worked out in that area. Just pointing out my experience.

Really loving the parralax backgrounds. They add so much to the game! :D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:12:18 pm by Dizzard »

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 05:06:21 pm »
I'm thinking I've run into a bug but I want to make sure it's not just some mechanic I'm not familiar with. I was just trying to do a mission and as soon as I entered the tower there was nowhere to go. The room was split in half by a lavafall coming down from somewhere up above and creating a big pool of lava in the middle. Is there some lava-diving gear I'm not aware of, or is this just a failure in level generation? I tried to get a screenshot but the steam cloud is being uncooperative today.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 05:16:12 pm »
I'm thinking I've run into a bug but I want to make sure it's not just some mechanic I'm not familiar with. I was just trying to do a mission and as soon as I entered the tower there was nowhere to go. The room was split in half by a lavafall coming down from somewhere up above and creating a big pool of lava in the middle. Is there some lava-diving gear I'm not aware of, or is this just a failure in level generation? I tried to get a screenshot but the steam cloud is being uncooperative today.

It's possibly a bug in the room map, tough, to be sure, I'd either need a screen shot or I'd need you to upload the world. Have you tried using platforms to see if you can over it?

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 05:31:14 pm »
It's possibly a bug in the room map, tough, to be sure, I'd either need a screen shot or I'd need you to upload the world. Have you tried using platforms to see if you can over it?

http://i.imgur.com/DsSAH.jpg

There we go, found where it was hiding my screenshots locally. That doesn't look platform-over-able unless I was half a block high. And even then, I have to run right through the central lava fall. Which is possible, I guess, but seems wrong.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »
From my memory, that room does in fact require you to go through the central 'leak' although that is a victim of the flood glitch that a lot of other fountain rooms got. It's only supposed to be a little stream.

I think this is the map: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,9412.0.html

It's the leak that's causing the lower floor's floodedness that got glitched causing the room to be impassable.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:40:44 pm by Coppermantis »
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 07:13:58 pm »
Hmmm, yeah. I can make sure that doesn't happen again, but, unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's much that you can do with the current room you are in.

On second thought, I think I know of a way to fix it, but, you'll have to send me the world file.

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »
Just loaded up my level 81 world and did a mission not sure the mana regen was working quite right I seemed to be running out very quickly as opposed to the brand new world I started earlier today.

Also regarding the warp mechanics maybe once an area is cleared in a mission area warp potions should work. Everytime I died I had to retrace my steps up the tower which got annoying fast.

Think I'll add this to Mantis.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:46:33 pm by Hyfrydle »

Offline @B0FH

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 05:20:53 am »
Hmmm, yeah. I can make sure that doesn't happen again, but, unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's much that you can do with the current room you are in.

Yeah that looks like one of my designs - tigersfan have you tinkered with it or do you want me to?

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 08:59:29 am »

Yeah that looks like one of my designs - tigersfan have you tinkered with it or do you want me to?

For now, in order to get it to work, I had to stop the water/lava from falling down, but the pool is still on the bottom. It's admittedly not the best design, but, it doesn't cause errors anymore. I can PM you the current map if you want, since it won't be publicly available until the next patch is released. You can just leave it alone or update it yourself, it's entirely up to you.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 11:53:07 am »
That room.. i just swam through the lava.. of course is easy at 400% HP

I really do not like this way of doing liquids anyway.. maybe there should be put some thought into making liquids dynamic with sort of physic'ish behavior (ripples, splashes, waves) with the overall goal to make water literally dynamic (and thus create puzzles around raising and falling water levels...) etc. streams, pumps.. heck even rain and snowstorms should be dynamic. So that platforms would affect streams and you could reroute them and thus gain access to rooms etc...

Because in my mind seeing lava flow downwards the way it does right now just breaks immersion. Particularly when my character can swim leisurely through lava ^^
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 12:30:35 pm »
That room.. i just swam through the lava.. of course is easy at 400% HP

I really do not like this way of doing liquids anyway.. maybe there should be put some thought into making liquids dynamic with sort of physic'ish behavior (ripples, splashes, waves) with the overall goal to make water literally dynamic (and thus create puzzles around raising and falling water levels...) etc. streams, pumps.. heck even rain and snowstorms should be dynamic. So that platforms would affect streams and you could reroute them and thus gain access to rooms etc...

Because in my mind seeing lava flow downwards the way it does right now just breaks immersion. Particularly when my character can swim leisurely through lava ^^

I do really like the idea of making liquid more natural. I think it's the sort of thing that's even if it's a major problem to implement right now....it will pay off big time in the long run.

It's really odd and breaks the immersion when you see liquid floating in the air, plus it could add so much to the strategic elements of the game. It would look really nice too.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:32:21 pm by Dizzard »

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 12:58:41 pm »
So how exactly does one complete the intro mission now? I've gotten to the part with the neutral Ilari and the red/yellow slime and gotten the gems from underground, but I can't find any way to craft a different spell since there isn't a spellcrafting workbench where there used to be one.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk