Author Topic: AVWW Beta 0.547, "Power Coding Round 1," Released!  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Re: AVWW Beta 0.547, "Power Coding Round 1," Released!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 11:38:41 am »
I think it is the slow shot speed that made it so noticeable now.  You can get shots that slide on walls so slow they'll expire before they travel a quarter of the screen.  It is probably also because the tails of the amoeba spells bunch up on the shot making it look buggy as well.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 07:13:27 pm »
Maze rooms are extremely difficult now. The tight passageways get filled with walls of water and lightning from the many trash mobs that spawn. Even playing two levels below me, It seemed too tough and what with the new health system, you can't get back the huge amount of health you lose.

This might be my own lack of skill, but It did seem a little too difficult in these particular rooms. I can't possibly imagine trying to survive one of these on a higher level.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 07:18:43 pm »
Cool, those sound like one of those difficulty spikes I'd mentioned.  If you have a save that you could throw in mantis, that would be great!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »
Super-buffing the existing shields into giving 2-4 seconds of huge resistance (75%) and absorption (5k after the 75% resistance) to an element might be an interesting solution.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 08:20:59 pm »
Yeah, but that would be so exploitable elsewhere, I'd think.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 08:09:39 am »
Yeah, I was pondering that.  The main issue being bosses I think.  I actually ran into a room like that last night and I think no respawns and fewer mobs would help a ton.  Finite life vs infinitely respawning enemies is a bit overwhelming.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 03:00:01 pm »
Presumably maze rooms already don't have any respawning... right?  Given that they are indoor buildings, I don't recall them needing it.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 04:12:28 pm »
There were monster spawners in there.  Then again, it was a boss room too.  Espers + Amoeba shots made moving anywhere nearly impossible.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »
There were monster spawners in there.  Then again, it was a boss room too.  Espers + Amoeba shots made moving anywhere nearly impossible.

Oh, if it's a boss room then it sounds like it's working as intended... more or less.  Not saying there isn't a balance issue, but there's not a bug per se.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk