Author Topic: AVWW 1.0 Now To Launch On April 23rd  (Read 8597 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AVWW 1.0 Now To Launch On April 23rd
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 04:26:44 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that.  I'll have to email my contact there about that and the older reviews.  Thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline jonasan

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 04:30:22 pm »
now it seems even more confused and has recalculated the discount to 31% off !!

:D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 04:32:28 pm »
now it seems even more confused and has recalculated the discount to 31% off !!

:D

That's actually correct given its list price wasn't changed, but the actual price that you're getting is at least correct.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline jonasan

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 04:33:53 pm »
indeed. I'm off to bed, best of with the rest of the launch today!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 04:41:26 pm »
Well, GamersGate already fixed that -- they're certainly up late!  Anyway, thanks for the well wishes and the heads-up, and have a good sleep. :)

Offline heynow

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »
this might not be the right place to post this but I'm having problems installing the game. i purchased it directly from the arcen games website. every time it finishes downloading and i go to install it my norton deletes it even when i tell it to run anyways. i tried turning on the norton silent mode but I'm sure thats just going to stop running the background check. next I'm going to disable the antivirus auto check so maybe that will work. I'm going to keep trying. if it doesnt work, hopefully i can use my activation code on steam when its released.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 07:26:12 pm »
this might not be the right place to post this but I'm having problems installing the game. i purchased it directly from the arcen games website. every time it finishes downloading and i go to install it my norton deletes it even when i tell it to run anyways. i tried turning on the norton silent mode but I'm sure thats just going to stop running the background check. next I'm going to disable the antivirus auto check so maybe that will work. I'm going to keep trying. if it doesnt work, hopefully i can use my activation code on steam when its released.

Step #1: Burn Norton in a holy sacrifice and download something else, I recommend Avast Antivirus.  Norton is crap.  End of discussion.

Step #2: After deleting Norton, your computer will run a lot better and AVWW will work.  Your life will be better.  Trust me.

I realize that isn't a solution, but I hate Norton almost as much as I hate Mcafee.  My apologies for being blunt. 

Welcome to the forums, :)

King
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:33:30 pm by KingIsaacLinksr »
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »
Unfortunately I don't have Norton antivirus, but if Norton antivirus is deleting programs when you run them, that's kind of a big problem with them, I'd think.  That's definitely something to take up with them, as we can't prevent them from deleting our installer before it's even run.  We use very standard installer software from a major installer vendor (Bitrock Software), so if Norton is going nuts on the files that's something that hopefully they will fix soon.

In terms of activating your key on Steam, that may not be possible some weeks based on our past experience with releases on Steam; three weeks was more standard than on the day of launch for CD key activations.  But as-yet I don't have a timeline from them on that particular issue.

And by the way: Welcome to the forums!  Sorry it wasn't under a happier issue.

Offline heynow

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »
yeah, norton does suck, but i get it free from comcast. I'm sure that i would get further banging my head against a brick wall than trying to contact them. you guys on the other hand are awesome for the quick reply. i just got it to install by disabling the anti-virus auto check if this does ever come up again.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »
yeah, norton does suck, but i get it free from comcast. I'm sure that i would get further banging my head against a brick wall than trying to contact them. you guys on the other hand are awesome for the quick reply. i just got it to install by disabling the anti-virus auto check if this does ever come up again.

Avast Antivirus is free btw and I've been running it for years, no false positives. 

But hey, glad we could help out anyway :D.

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »
Also, assuming your copy of Windows is legit, Microsoft Security Essentials is really good too.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »
Also, assuming your copy of Windows is legit, Microsoft Security Essentials is really good too.
And assuming your copy of Windows didn't decide that installing some hardware made it no longer legit ;)  Had a close call with my desktop on that one, it said something about system changes requiring reactivation and it wouldn't reactivate and told me to buy another copy.  Thankfully when I managed to get it to let it re-enter the license key it worked.  But MSE was threatening to stop working, etc ;)

But aside from that, yea, it's really good.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »
There is a program that will activate Windows for you.  It can be used for nefarious purposes, but if you legitimately paid for Windows, I personally have no moral qualms with using it.  And, if you have an OEM PC, it activates it in the same manner that the OEM does at the factory, so no chance of Genuine Advantage failing.

OT: Any ETA on Steam, yet?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:41:02 pm by mrhanman »

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:46 pm »
You don't need to contact comcast to remove norton, its just a (rather unhelpful) program uninstallable like anything else, and like the others have said, Avast or AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials are all free for personal use, so just go to Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs (Or Control Panel>Programs and Features if on Vista/Windows 7), wait for the list to fill up, find norton, click uninstall, and strike it from your computer! Then download one of the others, and go about your business as a glyphbearer.

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 10:19:49 pm »
I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't going to make it on Steam today... Seems like Steam is a little behind today anyway. Lone Survivor just came out today, but first they put it up without a description and with a release date from 3 days ago and not showing up in the new releases list. I'd been waiting for it to show up, so I was surprised that it appeared to have come out without a peep last week based on the release date. But now they've fixed it and it's showing up properly. Sooooooo maybe we just have to wait until tomorrow for them to get it together?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk