Author Topic: Are Enchant Charges allowed to spawn in such huge numbers?  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Penumbra

• Sr. Member Mark III
Re: Are Enchant Charges allowed to spawn in such huge numbers?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 02:31:35 pm »
Also, since these holes in the wall are spaces that cannot have platforms, it will change up where the player is allowed to go.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:31 pm »
Pitch black can be so samey though. Would it be possible to have random holes in walls that let in outside light from time to time? Not enough to rely on, just for variety.

That's an AMAZING idea. I'd be up for this in buildings in general, in addition to windows. Bits of worn or damaged wall with a little light diffusing through, maybe some subtle paralax in the background. Really give buildings the feeling of being left to the elements. Especially in the flats or snowstorm regions. Ash or snow blowing in, all that. Although now all that sounds like waaaaay after v1.0! Whoops.

Yup, yup, and yup. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 03:10:21 pm »
I'm not really happy with the way maze rooms are now (large and samey and enemies tend to cluster at the bottom) but I can't really think of a way to fix them.

Perhaps they could have doors that prevent monsters from moving too far from their spawn location, shoot the door to open it. Maybe doors could completely prevent you from seeing what's on the other side, any area that's not connected to the area you have explored except by closed doors cannot receive light or be revealed on the minimap...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:12:32 pm by KDR_11k »

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 03:50:08 pm »
I'm not really happy with the way maze rooms are now (large and samey and enemies tend to cluster at the bottom) but I can't really think of a way to fix them.

I had one idea that I posted a little while ago: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=5937

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »
By the by, the "monsters cluster at the bottom" thing is more of a problem in general, and something we're going to be addressing.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk