Author Topic: Learning The Game, FAQ, and Wiki  (Read 52722 times)

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: Learning The Game, FAQ, and Wiki
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 10:07:43 am »
unless it tries to go to the moon at that particular time ;p
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Drjones013

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:52 am »
Maybe we can include a diagram of the control schemes on the wiki...?

Offline bvchaosinc

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:51 am »
OK, want to say I do have an on topic question, but first I need to fly off the handle about your terrible terrible form registration system.

1. White-out blocks really?  Has anyone in the history of ever been filling out a form and gone "you know what would make this experience better if I could not only not see what I am typing, but if I am typing at all."

2. Why do you white-out the user name after I enter it?  Even if I believe that there could be valid reason to project peoples forum password from over the shoulder eves dropping, I can not even begin to comprehend the need to do this for the username as it will be displayed for everyone to see if you use your account in anyway.

3.  Upper, lower, and numbers! Do you guys handle banking information on these forms, is this really a secret CIA think tank?  I am sure people like having the option to use a very secure password, but I am also sure people would also like to have the option of using a very simple password as well.

Additionally, here is an entertaining comic about how uppers, lowers, and numbers doesn't really help anyway.
http://xkcd.com/936/

/rant

Sorry about that but I have never in my life been more infuriated by a registration process.

So how is the improved tutorial coming along, because I just made it to town for the first time, and I have no clue what to do now.  The only thing I seem to be able to do in my town is craft gems.  How do I get to this town improvement menu or guardian powers or what ever it is I should be doing with my town.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 10:13:49 am »
Cheers, sorry for your frustration with the forums -- but might I remind you that we didn't, um, have anything to do with coding the forums.  It's one of the two most popular forum systems out there.

Regarding the improved tutorial, that's been in there for months and months.  If you leave the town it will tell you more things about what you should be up to, and will give you hints as you get into new situations on an ongoing basis.  Also there's the planning button at the bottom of your HUD, which gives you access to all the stuff you're looking for.

Hope that helps!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline bvchaosinc

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 10:31:35 am »
Thank you I tried the planing button it didn't seem to be help full at all, but maybe I missed something.  I guess I will leave my town and let the tutorial continue to guide me.

As for the forums you might not make it, but you do configure it.  Here try this

Go register at the Simple machine community:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=register

Now register at for your own forums(make sure you clear you cash so you get the full new user experience):

Now do both of those again.

If the difference is not apparent then I guess I just have a maladjusted view of the world.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 10:37:03 am »
I've shifted it to use the medium password strength rather than high.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline bvchaosinc

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 10:45:22 am »
Thank you for looking into it.

Offline junker154

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 01:16:48 pm »
I am a bit unsure on what to do next, so I upgraded some of my spells to Tier 2 and collected some good Enchantements. I did 6 missions so far, got decent ressources and such. But I am still unsure because there is a lot of stuff which I barely understands.

For instance what are conscious shards? It has something to do with those guardians stones. Also how can I build and upgrade my settlements and look after other survivors? I am confused on that matter. I want to upgrade my settlement and gather some strengh before moving to the next civilization level. Any advice?

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 03:06:13 pm »
I am a bit unsure on what to do next, so I upgraded some of my spells to Tier 2 and collected some good Enchantements. I did 6 missions so far, got decent ressources and such. But I am still unsure because there is a lot of stuff which I barely understands.

For instance what are conscious shards? It has something to do with those guardians stones. Also how can I build and upgrade my settlements and look after other survivors? I am confused on that matter. I want to upgrade my settlement and gather some strengh before moving to the next civilization level. Any advice?

The shards are used in making and creating buildings. You need guardian power scrolls that you get from missions to build them.

Most of the buildings don't really come into play until the second continent, but there are a few on the first.

Offline Giegue

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 12:53:32 am »
you should probably explain what "technologists" and all those other types of terms are.

Offline snow2.0

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 09:01:30 pm »
Um, yea. I still don't know what those NPCs and their buildings actually _do_ for me, when i build them.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »
The higher an NPC's mood and skill points are, the more likely they are to survive and succeed at dispatch missions. Dispatches are more or less mandatory, unless you're really really really good at the game, or are playing on a low enough citybuilding difficulty. Other buildings that don't provide skill points provide the ability that they state right on them, plain as day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk