Author Topic: A quick question pertaining to NPCs and portraits.  (Read 3011 times)

Offline TKilburn

A quick question pertaining to NPCs and portraits.
« on: May 24, 2013, 09:03:27 pm »
Hello all,

I have a quick question, a NPC with a portrait represents your 2nd in command providing tips and quips (upon death). Is this NPC represented on the strategic map and capable of being killed?

I need to know this in order to determine if a portrait bug has been occurring. The portrait for this NPC had changed to that of the player character.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
Re: A quick question pertaining to NPCs and portraits.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:01 pm »
Yes, that character is an NPC, if I remember correctly. If it dies, it will shift to a different one. (which may use the same portrait as your character.)
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:15:42 am »
Yep, in the original version of AVWW2 (Back in beta), you had one universal list of your recruits where you ordered them from. And the one at the top slot was your adviser.

Offline EfrainRosso

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:25:54 am »
 NPC represented on the strategic map is capable of being killed. After this portrait will be changed players portrait.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:28:02 am by EfrainRosso »
Best Broadband for business to excel your business operations.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:01:21 pm »
That's not technically true, nor a bug, in terms of the portrait.  The portrait of the NPC in question is just the oldest NPC, and they are on the world map.  Once they die, then it shifts to the next oldest.  Since your portrait is not unique to you, if the new NPC happens to be using the same portrait as you, then that's what is happening there.

Hope that makes sense!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk