Author Topic: 1.009 Bugs!  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Vynik

1.009 Bugs!
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:55:16 am »
Hey there, just want to say that I absolutely love patch 1.009.  It's made a great game an addiction, and I have no complaints about that. :)

However!  I would like to point out a few things in the new patch that might not be intended, and in fact, can break the game pretty severely with the new currency system.

First -  When you're in a mission, I know the enemies aren't supposed to drop consciousness shards, but they instead drop these phantom consciousness shards.  They're green, they don't add anything, but they show up on your map as an orange dot.  It's very misleading, but generally just a small annoyance.  However, when you get an enemy like the earth amoeba boss that splits into tiny little ones every time you damage it... Well, every single little one that dies (and when using something like Energy Slice, that's a lot of them!) drops an imaginary shard too.  This many shards dropping into the level make for some serious lag spikes when fighting this type of boss. This leads into the second problem..

Second - Outside of a mission, fighting this type of boss does the same thing, except each amoeba actually drops consciousness shards!  You can rack up a hefty amount of currency in a very short amount of time this way.  The same thing happens with dragon's breath attacks from the dragon mini-bosses.  They all drop consciousness shards which allow farming if one decided to do so. 

So far, those are the only issues that I've found with the new patch.  Everything else is absolutely fantastic, and I've never played a game that has changed for the better so rapidly in such a short amount of time.  I can say, with all honesty, that the 15 dollars I spent on AVWW was perhaps the best purchase I've ever made in regards to video games.  Even if the game wasn't an absolute blast, it would be worth it just to support such active developers with such a dedicated work schedule.

P.S. Any plan on adding moon lamps to the purchaseables?  That is, assuming, they aren't already.  I've just sort of glanced at the list.  I love those little devils before I get Flash of Light upgraded. 

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: 1.009 Bugs!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 02:09:45 am »
Hey there, just want to say that I absolutely love patch 1.009.  It's made a great game an addiction, and I have no complaints about that. :)

However!  I would like to point out a few things in the new patch that might not be intended, and in fact, can break the game pretty severely with the new currency system.

First -  When you're in a mission, I know the enemies aren't supposed to drop consciousness shards, but they instead drop these phantom consciousness shards.  They're green, they don't add anything, but they show up on your map as an orange dot.  It's very misleading, but generally just a small annoyance.  However, when you get an enemy like the earth amoeba boss that splits into tiny little ones every time you damage it... Well, every single little one that dies (and when using something like Energy Slice, that's a lot of them!) drops an imaginary shard too.  This many shards dropping into the level make for some serious lag spikes when fighting this type of boss. This leads into the second problem..

Second - Outside of a mission, fighting this type of boss does the same thing, except each amoeba actually drops consciousness shards!  You can rack up a hefty amount of currency in a very short amount of time this way.  The same thing happens with dragon's breath attacks from the dragon mini-bosses.  They all drop consciousness shards which allow farming if one decided to do so. 

So far, those are the only issues that I've found with the new patch.  Everything else is absolutely fantastic, and I've never played a game that has changed for the better so rapidly in such a short amount of time.  I can say, with all honesty, that the 15 dollars I spent on AVWW was perhaps the best purchase I've ever made in regards to video games.  Even if the game wasn't an absolute blast, it would be worth it just to support such active developers with such a dedicated work schedule.

P.S. Any plan on adding moon lamps to the purchaseables?  That is, assuming, they aren't already.  I've just sort of glanced at the list.  I love those little devils before I get Flash of Light upgraded.

I second the idea to add moon lamps to the shop.    Those are the best freaking items in the whole game until Flash of Light becomes high-tier, and even then they're STILL useful sometimes, like when you dont wanna have to cast Flash every 20 seconds during a boss gang battle.   They're the ONLY form of "grinding" that I find myself doing in this game, is running through ice age areas gathering lamps.   It never takes all that long, they're common, but still, it'd be a nice thing to see in the store.

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:26:27 am »
I wish you could cast shrink on your moon lamps to relamp them.

Offline LayZboy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:12:20 am »
I don't know how long this has been in game, but when I was using water shield (and a kinda of high mana regeneration character) in JtP missions, getting hit does nothing and allows you to pretty much breeze through the whole level, I suppose if you combined it with featherweight you'd never take any damage ever and the mission would be just walking from point A to B.

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:20 am »
I think it's always been in the game, since A) shields drain mana, and B) shields only absorb so much damage.

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 08:46:39 am »
Yup, it's an oversight which I expect will be fixed very soon!

Offline LayZboy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 10:10:10 am »
B) shields only absorb so much damage.

Shields take no (or very little) amount of damage in JtP for some reason.

Offline Terraziel

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:38:51 am »
B) shields only absorb so much damage.

Shields take no (or very little) amount of damage in JtP for some reason.
It's because they get the same power boost as the attack spells, meaning they absorb about 5,000 damage per tier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk