Author Topic: Custom AI War theme  (Read 4238 times)

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
Custom AI War theme
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:07:43 am »
This is a Custom AI war theme i put together. Picture is worth 1000 words. Pictures however cant describe the music. I used the main menu music from AI War w/o Zenith Remnant. For dire music i simply increased the tempo.

Unfortunately because i don't know how to make new weather, I was forced to overwrite existing weather. So don't be surprised to find fleet ships in the river. :P

The forum wont let me attach the file, because the 6.2 mb file goes over the 8 mb limit :-\. So megaupload will suffice.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88WS2B37

To install, simply extract to your Tidalis directory. Backups for things that are overwriten are included.

Feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: Oops i posted this in the custom puzzle section. Move it to the main section if needed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:14:28 am by triggerman602 »

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
Re: Custom AI War theme
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:27:13 am »
Wow, that's really cool. I hadn't expected to see something of this sort! Perhaps Chris or Keith will be able to make the theme editor support creating new weather types, if it doesn't already. Awesome work. :)

Also, apologies for the weird attachment bug. We haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. Despite the 8 MB limit, it consistently refuses to let anyone upload files bigger than about 2 megabytes. I'm not sure how we can go about fixing this; it's definitely pretty frustrating.

Edit: I'm going to move this to the main forum to make it more visible (and, well, it's not a puzzle). If we start getting more themes, I'll probably put up a custom themes forum and move them all there. :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 08:32:43 am by Fiskbit »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:43:11 am »
Cool!

I'm not sure what you mean by weather or changing it; you mean wind/rain, etc?

Or did you change one of the existing weather types by putting fleet ship images in it?

Thanks,
Keith
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline regnared

• Arcen Games Artist
  • Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »
Wow! That does look cool!

Good job there.  :D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 04:21:36 pm »
Cool!

I'm not sure what you mean by weather or changing it; you mean wind/rain, etc?

Or did you change one of the existing weather types by putting fleet ship images in it?

Thanks,
Keith

Yes. I replaced the water weather images that are used on the river theme with images of fleet ships.

Offline The 9th Sage

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 11:06:22 am »
Wow, that's pretty clever actually. :)  Nice work.

Offline PLivesey

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 01:37:57 pm »
Loving the theme!  Great job you've done there.

Offline abatishko

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 01:12:02 pm »
Also, apologies for the weird attachment bug. We haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. Despite the 8 MB limit, it consistently refuses to let anyone upload files bigger than about 2 megabytes. I'm not sure how we can go about fixing this; it's definitely pretty frustrating.
This is probably because you need to tweak the php settings on your server. I think the usual default limit is 2 MB. Do a google search for "php file upload limit" and you should be able to find details.

Offline dumpsterKEEPER

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 01:18:10 pm »
This is probably because you need to tweak the php settings on your server. I think the usual default limit is 2 MB. Do a google search for "php file upload limit" and you should be able to find details.

The usual gotcha on that is that you have to set both the upload_max_filesize and the post_max_size settings. If the upload filesize is larger than the maximum post size, it will be limited to whatever the post size allows. In this case, it appears that you want both of them set to 8M.

There are likely other things that can cause problems in this area, but typically those two are all I need to configure to get it working.

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 03:28:09 am »
Seems the latest update messed up my theme a little with random weather directions. The fleet ships will fly backwards sometimes.

Is custom weather support on the list of things to go into the game in the future?

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 05:40:20 am »
Yep, we intend to try to get that in, likely during the game's polish phase in June. More details on that could be provided by Chris or Keith.

rubikscube

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 06:17:29 pm »
imagine fighter for red, bomber for blue etc. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk