Author Topic: A Busy Schedule For The Remainder Of 2012  (Read 14073 times)

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
A Busy Schedule For The Remainder Of 2012
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:09 am »
Originally posted: http://arcengames.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-busy-schedule-for-remainder-of-2012.html

If you've been keeping an eye on the forums and/or the Games By Design blog, you'll know we've been planning quite a bit for the second half of the year. A new AI War expansion, completely redone art for A Valley Without Wind, and the reveal of our latest title Shattered Haven.

AI War: Ancient Shadows Beta Incoming
Beta and pre-orders are imminent. I can't give an exact date (or rather I don't want to provide one and have something come up after that ends up changing it), but those looking for the first taste of the fourth AI War expansion won't have to wait much longer. Take a peak at the Marauder Starbase if you haven't yet.

We're hoping for the beta to last around two months and then have an official release for Ancient Shadows alongside AI War 6.0 sometime in October.

A Valley Without Wind Art Rework Underway
This has been building up for sometime. After deciding not to go with the Kickstarter route for several reasons, we'll instead be investing our own funds into fully redone art by Heavy Cat Studios. Full details here.

During this period the content updates regular players are used to will be much less frequent. Our hope is that we can resume that level of support after the new art update, though ultimately that will depend on how sales go. That said, we had a new patch this week which includes a couple new spells and a bunch of new room designs.

Shattered Haven Announced
Oh yeah, and we announced a new game! We're definitely excited about the developments for AI War and Valley, but we're flat out pumped for Shattered Haven (formerly Alden Ridge) and its beta/official launch later this year.

More info on the top-down survival game coming soon.

Recent Press Coverage and Videos
VG247 -- Living the Dream: Arcen Games and the Indie Recipe, Part 1

VG247 -- Down to Earth: Arcen Games and the Indie Recipe, Part 2 

Skullduggery.us -- AI War: Fleet Command (VG)

Game Anyone? Video Walkthroughs -- A Valley Without Wind Parts 1-8

Games Are Evil -- A Valley Without Wind’s 1.2 Update Marks Major Changes 

GameConnect -- A Valley Without Wind Review

Roencia -- A Valley Without Wind Review

Gaming Nexus --  A Valley Without Wind Review

Eh+ Gamer Reviews A Valley Without Wind (Video)

Z-Giochi -- A Valley Without Wind Review (Italian)

TheComet on Livestream -- Let's Play AVWW

MadCraftX3 on Youtube -- How To Own at Valley Without Wind Beta

Diotliz on Youtube -- A Valley Without Wind Covered Farms

Shio Looks at Indie Bundle IV - A Valley Without Wind Gameplay

Michael and Billy Play A Valley Without Wind Parts 1-6

TheSurreall on Youtube -- A Valley Without Wind Let's Play Part 1 Freefall (French)

Bob Larry on Youtube -- Yoda Plays...: A Valley Without Wind 001

Offline Stx11

• Newbie Mark II
Re: A Busy Schedule For The Remainder Of 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »
Um...

This is a rather strange Thread for the Tidalis Sub-Forums... supposed to be in General mayhaps?  ???

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 02:55:50 am »
It was posted in every game subforum.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Stx11

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:55:38 pm »
It was posted in every game subforum.

Ah I missed that... good catch  ;D

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:57 pm »
Kinda sad that the top 4 or 5 threads in this forum are cupogoodness PR reposts =/

As for my Tidalis, I keep meaning to make time to play it, but almost never end up doing so. I really should at least get those music tracks in my library though :P
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 04:09:34 pm »
I gave Tidalis a sampling (I found the demo lacking so I pirated it for only a day to try out all the things)... and it just wasn't my kind of game, so I didn't buy it. I'm so awful at it... and the thing is, puzzle games have this nasty ability to make you feel like you're good, when it turns out you aren't. Early story missions or easy game modes don't really tell me how bad I really am at it.
and I mean as far as I know, there's no way to make the game easier so I just didn't really bother.

Um.. Um.. I feel really bad now, but for what it's worth I didn't keep playing it. I never do for games like that that I don't like/don't buy.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 02:07:22 am »
I'm no fan of puzzle games at all, but I did have some 10+ hours of fun with Tidalis, but it isn't my genre, so I never got farther than that. Did pay for it simply to support Arcen though.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:09 pm »
Like... I would love to throw all the support I can at Arcen. I bought a second copy of AI War because when I bought it, I got it half off. But, I just can't buy something I wouldn't get use out of. That extra copy of AI War is going to a friend some day, and we'll play together. That's a fact. Tidalis? I won't get any fun out of it, because I just... didn't. The mechanics aren't for me. I can't seem to wrap my head around it to actually like, make combos or something. Anything that I did well was a complete accident. So, it's not bad, and it deserved to do well, I'm absolutely sure of that.
So I mean... I did give it a shot at least I dunno. I'll support everything else instead, since I'm thinking I'll enjoy the rest of the games more. I'm spreading word as well, because they're the kinds of games I can't just... avoid talking about.

...I still feel like a terrible person.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 05:11:15 pm »
You're not a terrible person :P I didn't like it either. I'm no puzzleperson.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 05:16:55 pm »
Yeah I know I'm not... but like, demoing games that way really should only be happening with triple-A titles if anything at all. Triple-A titles are more likely to not have demos and not supply demos... or are more likely to just have a beta version as a demo for example with Duke Nukem Forever. Arcen's given more than adequate demos, as far as I know without even being asked for it. There was no service issue there and I can't fully really remember why I did it.
So, I don't know. I'm okay, but given that I love indie games as much as I end up doing, I feel like I should throw as much support as I can at em.

If I talk any more I'd be rambling but I don't have anything else to say. But there's no proper end to this post so... I'll just um... listen to the Tidalis title music? That song is lovely.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:39 pm »
Speaking for myself, I'd rather someone play one of our demos and while doing that decide that the game isn't for them and then not buy it, then to buy a game they ultimately don't like.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »
Speaking for myself, I'd rather someone play one of our demos and while doing that decide that the game isn't for them and then not buy it, then to buy a game they ultimately don't like.

Very much this.  And thanks for all the support, folks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »
So you're saying I shouldn't buy a copy of Tidalis and hang onto it in my steam inventory for the rest of my life?  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk