Author Topic: Trifecta of supreriority  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
Trifecta of supreriority
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:58:43 pm »
So the Acutians, Thoraxians and Burlusts decided to rebel against me, after some time travel {save scumming} I went back to the part where they were still in the federation, question is how do I prevent them from forming the Trifecta
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Trifecta of supreriority
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:49:48 pm »
So, the trifecta can only happen if those are the only three races within the federation OR if all three are outside the federation.  In other words, if there is any other race in the federation, they can't run off and form the trifecta.  If they were not in the federation, though, then there are a couple of cases where they could.

Even with them being the only guys in the federation, there's not an immediate cause for them to form the trifecta.  That only happens when they are the only three guys in there, AND "Desire To Form Own Version Of Federation" for one of those races is >= 100.  That's an influence type with you.

"Desire To Form Own Version Of Federation" is increased by 1 every month, so it's 100 months from when they start the federation to when they leave it.  If you get someone else in the federation before then, OR get one of those three guys killed prior to the hundred months filling up, then they won't defect.  You can check your influence with each of them (should be the same) and see the number for "Desire To Form Own Version Of Federation" to see how long you have to work that out.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:37 pm »
Interesting, so I am on a timer to blow up the evucks to win :). By god the surprise I had on my face when I realized that my allies had turned their back on me, it made me want to smash my head on the keyboard in a good way  :)
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 09:11:23 pm »
Hahaha, yeah, those are all the "evil" races, and letting them be the sole members of your federation is a recipe for having them backstab you. I thought that would surprise some folks, but it makes sense. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk