Author Topic: The true terrors of solar system.  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Valguris

The true terrors of solar system.
« on: October 14, 2014, 06:22:58 am »
You think Thoraxians are tough? You're right!
But there is something worse... Much, much worse. When you form Federation without Peltians in it, they build super breeders. 5x increased birth rate per Federation planet. In case of 4 planets Fed, thats 625x faster breeding rate. They outbreed EVERYTHING. Nothing can stop them at that point. -500 medical, -500 public order and terrible environment - they still breed at rate of 800m + per month. Quarantine + Splinter attacks? ~130m per month. Still just outside of my reach... And in case it is in my reach - it's in very limited time window that I'd have to kill ~12b Peltians!

The ultimate plague, taking worlds and never giving them back. Peltians - the unstoppable force of the galaxy. Who would've known?!

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
Re: The true terrors of solar system.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 08:47:38 pm »
I guess that's a bug in the underlying simulation that needs fixing. Planetary bombardment, even "clean" ones (kinetic rather than nukes) would slowly lower the ability for a race to produce food, which would tie with the environment variable. That should result in slowly lowering birthrates, even into the negative.

Although, TLF does have artificial food production in it's tech tree, so that would allow industry to sustain a population, but that should also lower with bombardment.

Throw enough nukes or small rocks at a planet and even deep underground settlements will be exposed or at least cooked by magma. Planetary crust is only so thick after all.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: The true terrors of solar system.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:49:49 pm »
i know it is only a game, but it would be nice, if the planets could only realistically produce X population for a planet. Otherwise they over run their resources and foodstuffs, which should also be limited to something realistic, like x arable land produces x foodstuffs/crops, but have to have rainfall and fertilizer and seed. which instead of producing unlimited food for billions of people, would limit it to something more realistic.

Anyway, just an opinion, thanks for listening and an interesting point you bring up, thanks for the info.
See everyone next week, take care and happy thanksgiving!  :)

-Teal

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:54:11 pm by Teal_Blue »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk