Author Topic: The AFA Are After Me  (Read 949 times)

Offline Hyfrydle

The AFA Are After Me
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
I just had a massive battle against the AFA destroying tons of ships it took 172 turns and I ended up with 33,068 credits quite a haul. Also I managed to improve my influence with the Peltians by +2  :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: The AFA Are After Me
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »
See?  And now you can afford a ton of scientist goons easily, and get to newer tech levels. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »
Yeah true but the battle was hard at times, but also enjoyable. The other thing is I've gone and gifted my science outposts.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
You don't technically have to have them.  They help boost stuff, but they aren't a prerequisite for the dispatches.  Another tip: if you research the general baseline science boost techs BEFORE you do any research on Mark II stuff, then those costs come way down.  Make sure you do the ones that are for you specifically, and not for "any outposts you have" or whatever the wording is, since you don't have any outposts now.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:25:37 pm »
Will do, is it intended that research is this late into the game?

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »
I now have 44 scientists and it's still going to take over 300 months of research. Meson computers will take 318 months which is still a long time and then all my scientists disappear.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 06:29:07 pm »
Wait, it's possible to actually use outposts yourself rather than just outsourcing/gifting them?

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 09:24:00 pm »
Wait, it's possible to actually use outposts yourself rather than just outsourcing/gifting them?
This is a very interesting question.

Offline Hyfrydle

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 03:21:16 am »
I believe having outposts and science goons reduces the time it takes to research.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk