Author Topic: Question about buying expansion on Humble Bundle.  (Read 3373 times)

Offline unboogyman

Question about buying expansion on Humble Bundle.
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:49:53 pm »
So I already own The Last Federation and saw Betrayed Hope is on sale at Humble Store. For some reason it's listed as Steam only and no mention of DRM free like the base game... Will buying Betrayed Hope on HB allow me to unlock it on the DRM free version or will it only work on Steam? Seems weird to not have the expansion DRM free like the base game...

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/thelastfederation_betrayedhope_storefront

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Question about buying expansion on Humble Bundle.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 07:53:08 pm »
I honestly don't remember, to be frank.  It's not something I can directly check with that storefront.  I tell you what, though -- if you do wind up buying it and there is no DRM-free version listed there, then shoot me a PM and I will set you up.  Or whatever you prefer, as your comfort goes; I'd like to make this easy on you, anyhow.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline unboogyman

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:58:54 pm »
I honestly don't remember, to be frank.  It's not something I can directly check with that storefront.  I tell you what, though -- if you do wind up buying it and there is no DRM-free version listed there, then shoot me a PM and I will set you up.  Or whatever you prefer, as your comfort goes; I'd like to make this easy on you, anyhow.

On that note, I went ahead and bought it :) There is a download listed on my account now, so I think we're good  :D If you can you should contact HB and let them know the confusion.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:02:47 pm »
Gotcha, thanks -- I will do!  Thanks again for your support. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 04:24:48 am »
The HB download zip is a bit weird. It's exp1_LasterFederationBetrayedHope.zip. When I open it in PeaZip it only showed the install directions.txt, no other files are visible. Extracting blind does install it correctly, just no files are listed so it seems empty.

Also, when I did a fresh install of the Last Federation from Gog, their version is 2.00, which needs 2 patches to update.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:13:12 am by ptarth »
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:39:53 am »
Very interesting on the zip file -- I'd suggest that is more to do with the unzipping program, though.  I zipped that myself and it looks fine on my mac and windows machines.

Gog does indeed have v2.0 as do all our other distributors except steam (including our own site).  We don't update installers except on major version number changes.  Otherwise we'd have to update installers at 5ish other sites (most now just use steam keys) sometimes 3+ times a week.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 11:14:45 am »
Apparently a random switch on my zip program was thrown. I was messing around in settings and was able to make the files look normal.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:27 am »
Very strange!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk