Author Topic: How to engage Invasion Mode?  (Read 3540 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
How to engage Invasion Mode?
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:45:23 pm »
I finished Federation and Betrayal Mode (I even found Betrayal a lot easier as Federation because you have a force on your own instead of relying on other races) and now I want to start my first Invasion campaign.
Care to share any tips what i have to keep in mind? Since I have to rely again on other races in order to finish the obscure I guess I have to work a LOT on research with them so they have some serious fire power. And I guess I have to hoard favours so they will answer my call for war when I need them them.
Other stuff I need to focus on?

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: How to engage Invasion Mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 02:33:41 pm »
Induce the Obscura to attack the Boarine, and get them a Manufacturing Outpost. That'll tie the Obscura up for years, while you put the Acutian War Industry in power and pay them to blow up the Obscura's planet. 20 minute victory.

In all seriousness, get outposts to as many races as you want to have survive, have warlike races attack the Obscura to prevent either of them from going after the peaceniks while you tech up with the Andor/Evucks/Skylaxians. Consider blowing up the last Obscura planet, you can take the influence hit since you'll immediately win.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: How to engage Invasion Mode?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:59:11 pm »
Induce the Obscura to attack the Boarine, and get them a Manufacturing Outpost. That'll tie the Obscura up for years, while you put the Acutian War Industry in power and pay them to blow up the Obscura's planet. 20 minute victory.

In all seriousness, get outposts to as many races as you want to have survive, have warlike races attack the Obscura to prevent either of them from going after the peaceniks while you tech up with the Andor/Evucks/Skylaxians. Consider blowing up the last Obscura planet, you can take the influence hit since you'll immediately win.
yea planet cracking in invasion mode is a bit over powered provided you manage to keep remainders alive.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk