Author Topic: How do you get property/assets?  (Read 2147 times)

Offline andysonofbob

• Newbie Mark II
How do you get property/assets?
« on: May 10, 2014, 07:03:19 am »
I see people mentioning they properties and moons and stuff.

How do you go about doing that?  What are the options?

Thanks!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: How do you get property/assets?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 11:01:12 am »
Colonizing moons is done in a race's "local actions" menu in their political screen for pretty much every race.  I'm pretty sure it's not exactly called that, but you'll likely see it in there anyway.  There's an option in there to do it.

As for properties, if you mean buildings, that's in the "friendly actions" screen, it's one of the "dispatch" options.   Meaning that it takes time to help them build whichever building it is.

Note that in order to be able to construct a building though, the race must have the tech that allows them to do so, whichever tech it is.  There can be multiple buildings of the same type on a planet.  Look at the "planetary sidebar" or the planet status screen, near the bottom of that listing of stuff there's a list of which buildings they already have in place, and how many of each.

If you mean outposts (scientific, construction, military), you have to have a race build one... either on their own, or with your help...  and then once it's completed and showing up on the solar map screen near their planet, you must go and capture it for yourself.  Needless to say, this causes a chunk of negative influence, but it's not THAT bad, so if you're in good straits with the race in question and have built up influence with them, it wont cause too much of a problem.

Hope that helps.  If there's more specific questions about it, do feel free to ask!

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:25:11 am »
Do note that you have to have progressed through the tutorial to be able to do this. If the Property Development option doesn't show up, then just keep playing and eventually it will come up.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline LaGrange

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 10:03:49 pm »
There can be multiple buildings of the same type on a planet.
Can someone verify for me if the influence of attitude buildings stacks for multiples of the same type of building? For instance, if you build "Hologram Channel: Sports" twice on the Skylaxian planet, will that double the influence boost with the Andorians? The stats on the planet screen seem to indicate 'no,' which is why I ask.

Thanks.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 09:58:21 am »
The stats on the planet screen seem to indicate 'no,' which is why I ask.

I read somewhere that only highest positive bonus counts, but all the negatives stack.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 10:56:05 am »
That bug was fixed rather quickly. Everything should stack correctly now, as I've had races come to like each other very quickly, but I haven't actually checked.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline LaGrange

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 12:20:00 pm »
OK, thanks. I'll take it then that all the numbers stack for multiples of the same building on the same planet. It's just weird that it doesn't show this on the planet info screen. It seems to just take the stats of one building into account, at least in the hovering tooltip whatever-you-call-it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk