Author Topic: Freeze On Intro Tactical Fight - Mac/Steam  (Read 8689 times)

Offline adrianomagno

Freeze On Intro Tactical Fight - Mac/Steam
« on: June 02, 2019, 04:36:29 pm »
Hey all,
Have tried installing this game from steam and humble bundle trove, but it continuously freezes a few seconds into the intro tactical fight.
I have a mac air, mid-2013s, with now mojave 10.14.5 but it didn't work on the preceding version either.
I just moved to another country and didn't bring my gaming PC, so this is one of the few I can/should be able to run on my light mac.

Thanks a bunch.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Freeze On Intro Tactical Fight - Mac/Steam
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 10:20:15 pm »
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble!  This isn't something that I've encountered before, to my recollection, and I'm not sure offhand what it would be.  If the game is running into some sort of error, then you could look in the RuntimeData folder that is next to the LastFederation.app executable, in the folder you installed this into.  That would likely provide some insight.

If it's a suuuper deep bug, then it could actually have to be found via this log: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

What I am partially wondering is if it's loading a bunch of stuff into RAM and having trouble allocating more for some reason.  There are many more graphics in the tactical fights compared to the rest of the setup, and loading a bunch of things into RAM might be causing an out of memory exception.

The other possibility is that it's the "Gatekeeper" issue that is mentioned elsewhere (https://forums.arcengames.com/ai-war-classic-technical-support/mac-freezes-on-load-up-screen/15/).  In that case it would likely be the problem is that it's trying to write to the gatekeeper virtual read-only folder to auto-save for you, and thus dying because of that.

The quick fix for that would be to copy the game's install folder to some other location on your hard drive, which I know sounds strange but is really a thing with OSX in the last year.  Steam games don't have to deal with this, but anything downloaded directly from the internet is viewed with great suspicion and if you move it into the Applications folder or leave it in the Downloads folder or similar it will freak out.

Hope that something in there helps!
Best,
Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk