Author Topic: Few beginner questions  (Read 11500 times)

Offline OpT1mUs

• Newbie Mark II
Few beginner questions
« on: September 20, 2017, 07:42:51 am »
I think I remember having an ingame clock when I first started the game, other than the calendar, which made easy to track flow of time, now I don't seem to have it? Was it a tutorial feature or ?

Another thing is , I don't get the planet military strength numbers at all. What's the point of armada number if it says in its tooltip that it's not really a good show of how strong space mil is? Also why are strength numbers different on planets and in Racial Powergrid? Like, completely different.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it later, thanks.

Offline steelwing

Re: Few beginner questions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:02:19 pm »
There's a date display in the bottom panel, if that's what you're after.  When you're engaged in a dispatch mission, a timer indicates how long you've been occupied with it.  Other than that, the only "clock" I'm aware of is the timers that are shown at the very beginning indicating how long in real-time before each race becomes spacefaring.
The military strength values for each planet are relative approximations, based on their technology and numbers of ships and soldiers.  It's not always an accurate measure, but it does (mostly) work for determining how well one race is likely to do against another.
You say the numbers on the power grid are different from the numbers next to each planet?  Don't know that I've seen that before.  Do the races you see that with own multiple planets?  Or is it ALL races without regard to numbers of planets owned?

Offline OpT1mUs

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:53 pm »
Take a look at this screenshot, why are the numbers on the second one different that the ones on the first one. That is their only planet.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:40:18 pm »
Take a look at this screenshot, why are the numbers on the second one different that the ones on the first one. That is their only planet.
On first glance, I would say because the numbers are telling you completely different things, what they tell you when you look at their planet has nothing to do with the racial power, and the grid does.

Offline OpT1mUs

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:44:39 pm »
No offence but you couldn't make more contentless reply is you tried. You didn't explain anything, saying "well those are completely different numbers" really doesn't help.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 06:55:35 pm »
What is there to explain? The numbers are different because the one where you were looking at the planet has numbers mainly talking about the planet's welfare, the one where you are looking at the grid has numbers referring to the Race's power compared to other races. That is why the numbers are different. Sorry if I was mistaken in the belief that that would answer your question, sometimes what makes sense to an experienced player doesn't to someone new, and I forgot to account for that.

Offline OpT1mUs

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:58:59 pm »
Upper row of the numbers bellow the planet are its space and ground power, which are the same categories as in the racial grid, yet the numbers are different.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 07:05:37 pm »
I understand what you are asking now, sorry I didn't realize what you were specifically referring to. They may have armadas in other places in space for the space power, the planet telling you the space power on the planet and the grid telling you the global space power. I guess the ground power must only mention ground power they have on ships or possibly other planets they may be invading, I never looked too much into that when I played the game. Not sure why the population number changes between them if it has one planet though, unless something happened between the two screenshots, perhaps a visual bug, since it appears that the only difference is one has a b for billion while the other has a m for million.

Offline OpT1mUs

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 06:29:27 am »
I just realized that the space power under planet is exactly double the number on the racial grid. There may be some connection here, maybe they count double when defending, but could be just a coincidence ? About ground power, you might be right, but we'll not know till dev or someone that knows exactly responds.. Games like this really need a manual.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:43:12 am by OpT1mUs »

Offline steelwing

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 07:11:24 am »
I just realized that the space power under planet is exactly double the number on the racial grid. There may be some connection here, maybe they count double when defending, but could be just a coincidence ? About ground power, you might be right, but we'll not know till dev or someone that knows exactly responds.. Games like this really need a manual.
It's been a while, but if the planet in the screenshot is the race's homeworld, then their space power there may be doubled.  I remember that being a thing that I've seen before.  Keith/Chris, can one of you comment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk