Author Topic: Crash on Start Up  (Read 3063 times)

Offline atomi23

Crash on Start Up
« on: April 21, 2014, 03:01:28 pm »
Hello i boght today the game , but i can´t play becouse it crashed on startup . i got this error : duplicadehandle failt

on the log its the folling error code 3e6

if i trie to start the game 2-3 times i got this error :

The execption Breakpoint
A breakpoint has bean reached.
(0x8000003) occure in the application at location 0x778a805d.

I tired the drm version and the steam version ( i was buying the game on humblestore

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: Crash on Start Up
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:08:31 pm »
Do you per chance, have Avast installed? If so, disable it, and your problems go (maybe) away. This is a Unity bug... in 99% of all cases. And with that I mean the error message is a Unity error (Unity is the engine that TLF runs on)

Edit: I had to make my reply a bit more vague because this issue can have many more causes, not just AV software.

PS.: Aside that, just disabling AV software might even not help. For some compatibility mode helped, for some uninstalling the AV in question and reinstalling helped. There was never 1 specific reason why this kind of error popped up. ;(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:20:30 pm by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline atomi23

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:19:35 pm »
yes i got avast , i was disable , and i can´t run the software unter steam , the dsm free version will now run after 5-6 ccrashes , i don´t know where is the problem , or while it will run after 5-6 crashes

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
yes i got avast , i was disable , and i can´t run the software unter steam , the dsm free version will now run after 5-6 ccrashes , i don´t know where is the problem , or while it will run after 5-6 crashes

Yeah that's exactly the same problem lots of people had with many other Unity games (most notable KSP, where it affected a LOT of people). I fear I can't really tell you what will fix it but there was a post with a supposed fix on the KSP forums

Here is the relevant post
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37787-Avast-Antivirus-The-Unity-KSP-Fatal-error-in-GC-Fix

And here is another one ;p
http://forum.schicksalsklinge.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7339

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:29:03 pm by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline atomi23

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:48 pm »
thanks for your help i will trie if it works for me , and report later her

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk