Author Topic: Achievements question  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Logorouge

Achievements question
« on: February 28, 2016, 04:35:54 am »
(Looking at the attached screenshot) Did I forget anyone or is it just my missile mech messing with the achievements?

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Achievements question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:55:34 am »
It's your missile mech. If you look at the file for the tutorial mech, you can find the tag to fix that.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 05:21:42 pm »
It's your missile mech. If you look at the file for the tutorial mech, you can find the tag to fix that.
Unfortunately, the only related tag I found is "omit_from_player_hull_selection="true"". Using that didn't give much result. From what I understand, it's supposed to remove the mech from the selection screen and ignore it while checking achievements when loading a save. It did remove the mech from selection, but didn't award any missing achievement and attempting to start a new run with Flame Tank still picked my missile mech instead for some reason. Very weird.

In addition to that, even if the tag eventually works like intended, having both achievements and selection removal rolled into one tag makes it only viable for my personal use. Other players using my mod won't necessarily be comfortable digging around game files to manually enable a code line to an xml in order to get their achievements. I think that's a problem. A minor one, but still a problem.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 05:30:48 pm »
Splitting the tags should be a reasonable request.
Not sure why your mech is over-riding the flame tank. Did you change any other code in it?
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »
Not sure why your mech is over-riding the flame tank. Did you change any other code in it?
Nah, only added the new tag. But even weirder, when I tried to start a new run with my other save, Flame Tank showed up like expected and trying again with my main save picked the correct mech this time. I'm really clueless as to why the missile mech showed up one last time. :o

For the splitting request, I'll post it on Mantis as a suggestion.

Offline Logorouge

Re: Achievements questions
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 10:38:43 pm »
By the power of necromancy, arise my thread, arise!

I was wondering, is there a way to force the game to check if the achievements conditions are met again? I had a few that didn't trigger correctly, mostly because of my custom mech.

Also, concerning the "Clear all Condemned Bosses" achievement, the menu is saying there's 13 Condemned bosses ingame, but I have a feeling there's only 12. Can anyone confirm which number is right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk