Author Topic: With which mech didn't you complete a run?  (Read 8181 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: With which mech didn't you complete a run?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »
Amusingly the life of the Invader in Stage 1 is highly controversial. In the next patch release he is scheduled to have reduced Stage 1 life and the spawning rate of the revenge minions has also been reduced.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
I actually had invader as the floor-3 boss on my last run (then jumped to floor 4, grabbed the "if you do X" item, then promptly hightailed it to level 5 with that "skip a level" consumable--and then died in the first room I went into, see above).

I thought it was going to be super difficult, but it ended up not being.  The blue pulses don't ever reach the top/bottom walls, so while it's incredibly narrow for maneuvering, you can slide in above/below and plink away at his health while killing the spawns as needed.  I almost perfected it (as the mech that starts with a buddy), but took 1 damage somewhere, alas.

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:11 pm »
Amusingly the life of the Invader in Stage 1 is highly controversial. In the next patch release he is scheduled to have reduced Stage 1 life and the spawning rate of the revenge minions has also been reduced.
Oh. Now I feel a bit silly, complaining about something that has already been changed. Sorry about that.
With that new spawn rate, the window of opportunity should be large enough, even with the basic peashooter.

Edit: And now I feel extra silly because I never realized before that the blue guys were revenge minions. That was the missing piece to solve my puzzle.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:37:02 pm by logorouge »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk