Author Topic: Starward Rogue -- AuGMENTED testing feedback thread  (Read 35684 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Starward Rogue -- AuGMENTED testing feedback thread
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »
Yikes!  I didn't check it either, my bad.  I'm pushing an update right now that should fix it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2018, 07:01:11 pm »
The fix is live.  My bad!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 03:19:12 am »
Can someone please specify the changes for me?

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2018, 07:56:47 am »
I got a crush on the first floor with my Warhog run. Was attacking some miniboss, when I killed it, I leveled up, and the game crashed.

Here is the crash file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zahng2gru937h4k/2018-01-23_134530.zip?dl=0

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2018, 07:01:41 pm »
Can someone please specify the changes for me?

The changes for the latest patch? Actually it's pretty significant, 3 new enemies and 3 new rooms. The build is in lockdown now for the launch -- which is a bit of a shame as I just realized I forgot a couple of things, but it'll keep. I didn't tweak the description of the Warhog to explain the missile usage of the Cataclysm Launcher...drat!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2018, 10:45:59 am »
hey hey I've been running with the paladin for an hour (the majority of my testing's been with the warthog) and I've been thinking that it would be real nice to have the option to make that shield toggle able I get hit all because I'm manovering for shielding but forgetting to hold the button.
do any of you like this idea? or am I in the minority here?.
c.r

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2018, 11:57:32 am »
hey hey I've been running with the paladin for an hour (the majority of my testing's been with the warthog) and I've been thinking that it would be real nice to have the option to make that shield toggle able I get hit all because I'm manovering for shielding but forgetting to hold the button.
do any of you like this idea? or am I in the minority here?.

I voted against this in the past, but there was not much debate about it.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2018, 08:38:53 pm »
- Warhog + Large and in charge is huge! (and slow). Might be amusing to have an achievement for this :)

Interesting! I haven't seen that combination. Achievements are actually a super pain to code in, especially as the team only has limited coding ability, so we probably won't be doing much in terms of new achievements, as cool as that particular one might be. Drat!

I'll start a thread for this. No gurantees on anything, but I'd love to hear suggestions and I can poke my nose in and see what I can accomplish. Large Charge Warthog is certainly amusing (clever name?) and of course, would need art from Blue, which isn't free.

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2018, 10:18:30 pm »
Yo, can I drop crash reports in here?

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2018, 10:23:00 pm »
Yo, can I drop crash reports in here?
Yep. Here is good. Mantis too.

Offline windlesszephyr

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2018, 11:14:42 pm »
Yep.
Sweet, thank ya. The crash files should be attached here assuming I understand how forums work, and you'll get to see exactly what happened when the video goes live soonish.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2018, 10:53:56 am »
Sweet, thank ya. The crash files should be attached here assuming I understand how forums work, and you'll get to see exactly what happened when the video goes live soonish.

Thanks! I'm super looking forward to the video...although not the crashing bit, of course...drat! We've tried hard to improve the stability of the game, which I believe we have done, but we do still get those occasional crashes. Sorry about that, it's quite a frustrating problem!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2018, 11:36:29 am »
Unfortunately when it comes to those crashes, it seems to be something random and internal to unity that we have no way of tracking down.  I've thrown this across their transom a couple of times -- a few other games also get this same crash -- but no response. :/

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2018, 12:05:57 pm »
Is this sort of thing frequent with Unity in general?

Pretty irritating to see a crash that nobody can do anything about.  I mean, bugs are one thing, gotta expect those, but unfixable bugs, because of the underlying tech?  Ugh.  That seems extra frustrating. 

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2018, 01:20:53 pm »
Is this sort of thing frequent with Unity in general?

No, it's incredibly, incredibly rare.  Out of hundreds of thousands of unity games, it affects a few dozen from the sounds of it.

Pretty irritating to see a crash that nobody can do anything about.  I mean, bugs are one thing, gotta expect those, but unfixable bugs, because of the underlying tech?  Ugh.  That seems extra frustrating.

Yeppers.  I have a feeling that we're actually the ones triggering it SOMEHOW, but there's no way for us to tell how.  It's like if you send a lot of packages through UPS, and everything seems fine most of the time.  But every so often a UPS truck catches on fire, and pretty much ONLY when it's carrying your packages... particularly certain kinds of packages but not always... and the package is something harmless like milk anyway... well, you start to get suspicious.

Why, exactly, do some UPS trucks catch fire when a certain volume of milk is shipped in them?  Why only when I do it?  Is there some trace chemical in my milk jugs?  Don't lots of people ship milk?  I mean, it's not the most common thing to ship, but it's also not that rare.  Also, isn't milk really not supposed to be flammable?  And the fire isn't in the area with the milk anyway?  But no fires if no milk?

*X-files theme plays...*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk