Author Topic: Starward Rogue AuGMENTED teaser - Paladin Mech  (Read 11060 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Starward Rogue AuGMENTED teaser - Paladin Mech
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:11:39 pm »
A video showcasing the new Paladin mech in game. Plus you get to see a little bit of the new floor:

https://youtu.be/sqnqHnnWVuw

Oh, a million points for anyone who can recognize which Path of Exile boss the Frost Queen miniboss was inspired by. I think this is a pretty tricky question, though.

Offline tombik

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Starward Rogue AuGMENTED teaser - Paladin Mech
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:26 pm »
Looks great. Not sure how much the game is balanced for a melee character, but I am definitely eager to try.

I will guess Merveil or Mother Phyia.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:23:05 pm »
Looks great. Not sure how much the game is balanced for a melee character, but I am definitely eager to try.

If the mech was full melee it probably wouldn't work that well, but it's more like half-melee since all main melee weapons at least have a ranged projectile component. The projectile doesn't do as much damage as a close range melee attack, but it can still be used for those times where you're forced to fight at range.

I will guess Merveil or Mother Phyia.

Nope! It's a very difficult question, I think, heh. I'll give one clue: the elemental type for this Starward Rogue miniboss variant is different to the one the boss uses in Path of Exile.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:28:15 am »
The most obvious but probably wrong answers are Garukhan, Queen of the Winds, or Vulkuur, the unbreathing queen, just because of the name similarities and different elements than frost.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:34:52 am by WolfWhiteFire »

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:55:51 pm »
The most obvious but probably wrong answers are Garukhan, Queen of the Winds, or Vulkuur, the unbreathing queen, just because of the name similarities and different elements than frost.

Unbreathing Queen is the closest because of... reasons, but that's not the one. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk