Author Topic: SPOILERS So that ending?  (Read 7436 times)

Offline z99-_

Re: SPOILERS So that ending?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 07:19:49 am »
I'd say the expected release is... er... a couple of months off? 2, maybe?

Hmm ... interesting. if that's accurate, I would guess the kickstarter is out. I mean, a month long kickstarter, plus the time before it needed to set it up and spread the word ... the expansion would be ready for release like the week after the kickstarter ended.

Of course, I'd rather it go slow, than be rushed and crappy.  That never helps anyone.  So it's fine by me really.

Yep, that's definitely my feeling too.  Any time I hear people complaining about release dates, I just think of KotOR II and shake my head. That being said, I know Arcen has been seriously hurt by releasing stuff at times of year that are especially competitive, so while things certainly shouldn't be rushed, it still may be good to keep the video game market cycle in the back of peoples' minds when thinking about when the expansion will probably be ready for release.

I believe Keith is already scheduled to do certain engine things to get certain features running.

For the stuff that I and others have suggested where the sticking point was they would require engine work, are those on keith's to-do list (not actually making the stuff, just tinkering with the engine so someone else can)? I was thinking about starting a thread that gathered up all those suggestions in one place so someone would have a comprehensive reference of all the engine work requested so far, but if someone's already done that internally, I don't want to waste my time ;)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 08:20:55 am »
I've done a few rounds of engine modifications; there's one more feature that may be on my list, but someone else started it so it's not clear which of us will be finishing it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 09:55:21 am »
Is this expansion new news? I haven't heard mention of it before this thread, albeit I haven't gotten the game until shortly before this thread, but I try to track stuff like that. Also it is interesting how often in these forums something like this happens, not bad, just interesting, a thread talks about one thing, and then conversation ends up somewhere else completely, like a thread about the ending turning into a thread about an upcoming expansion. I am considering changing the subject so people know that an expansion is being talked about here and can come here  to join in the conversation.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 12:40:48 pm »
Hmm ... interesting. if that's accurate, I would guess the kickstarter is out. I mean, a month long kickstarter, plus the time before it needed to set it up and spread the word ... the expansion would be ready for release like the week after the kickstarter ended.

Yeah, we're not going to be running a Kickstarter for this now. We don't really have anyone to run the campaign. We're looking at a regular release, although we do need to start some kind of marketing push soon. We're trying for sometime in July as the launch date, although that might get pushed back a month or two.

That being said, I know Arcen has been seriously hurt by releasing stuff at times of year that are especially competitive, so while things certainly shouldn't be rushed, it still may be good to keep the video game market cycle in the back of peoples' minds when thinking about when the expansion will probably be ready for release.

July was the advised date in terms of being a good time to release, but we may not make that. We should really be in the polishing and balancing phase now, but we've been a bit slow on certain things. The good news is that in terms of raw content, we're 90% of the way there.

For the stuff that I and others have suggested where the sticking point was they would require engine work, are those on keith's to-do list (not actually making the stuff, just tinkering with the engine so someone else can)? I was thinking about starting a thread that gathered up all those suggestions in one place so someone would have a comprehensive reference of all the engine work requested so far, but if someone's already done that internally, I don't want to waste my time

Those are not on Keith's list no. If you can start a thread or compile a mantis report with that stuff, that'd be useful, cheers.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 12:43:31 pm »
Is this expansion new news? I haven't heard mention of it before this thread, albeit I haven't gotten the game until shortly before this thread, but I try to track stuff like that. Also it is interesting how often in these forums something like this happens, not bad, just interesting, a thread talks about one thing, and then conversation ends up somewhere else completely, like a thread about the ending turning into a thread about an upcoming expansion. I am considering changing the subject so people know that an expansion is being talked about here and can come here  to join in the conversation.

There's been a bit of talk about it, but not that much. Misery did do a thread showcasing a few things here:

https://forums.arcengames.com/starward-rogue/expansion-teaser-screenshots/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk