Author Topic: Sound effects in Steam Music  (Read 6400 times)

Offline adamjohnson

Sound effects in Steam Music
« on: November 28, 2017, 02:50:15 am »
Hey so I really like the game's style and you wouldn't believe how often I get to link your "spaceship embedded into star" title card in that exact context on Reddit.
more: du an chung cu eco dream
Funny thing though, looks like Steam automatically imports all OGG audio files from games it downloads, and the way your SFX folder populates the metadata is kinda ???????? up my music library. I can share a screenshot but I figure it will look the same for everyone?

Is that something you can patch up in the metadata so there's just one Album for all the sound effects?
more: chung cu my dinh plaza gia goc
Danke.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:59:13 pm by adamjohnson »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Sound effects in Steam Music
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 01:04:43 pm »
Looking at a few of the files myself, looks like they have virtually no metadata at all ("Encoded with LameXP").
Adding it shouldn't be too hard, but I have no idea how to actually go about doing it.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Sound effects in Steam Music
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 02:50:36 pm »
Actually, I'm fairly sure that this won't be a problem in the next build. For performance reasons, the SFX are now baked into the game (although you can still mod in your own SFX if want) so Steam shouldn't be able to pick up those oggs. Once the next build is released, though, you might need to clear the old SFX from the directory.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk