Author Topic: Something off with Tri miniboss?  (Read 3691 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
Something off with Tri miniboss?
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:59:49 pm »
hello everybody, it's been a while since I've done a few runs on this epic game. I am so out of practice and I see enemies and patterns I've never seen before (like the bronze ankle biter or whatever it's called) that I should probably bump down to normal for a while. But I'm not going to because I'm a sucker for virtual pain.
Even though I'm out of practice, something seems wrong with the Tri miniboss. Aren't they supposed to chase you around constantly? I've fought against it twice now and sometimes they just stop in their tracks completely. The moment I kill one of them they start chasing me around again. While they are motionless, the circle of bullets one of them fires at you seems to be fired at a different spot completely, as if the targeting is off. Then when they start chasing me around again after I kill one of them, the targeting seems fine. From what I remember the only way to deal with Tri is to run around constantly. Standing still and just shooting at it shouldn't be possible right?
Don't know if you guys changed something or not, but it felt off so I figured I'd let you guys know.

Offline Logorouge

Re: Something off with Tri miniboss?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:17:02 pm »
Did you have some items or powers with the phasing effect when the abnormality occurred? Phasing does seem to prevent enemies from knowing where you are temporarely, which would explain the lack of movement and the weird aiming.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:34:07 pm »
no nothing like that. I used the first character and I was still on floor 1 with all the default weapons both times.

Edit: Just fought Tri again on the first floor and this time he seemed to work as intended. I guess it doesn't happen every time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:01:05 pm by zoutzakje »

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 09:43:48 am »
I have rarely seen Tri start moving in a jerky manner for some reason, but not completely stop moving or anything like that. It could perhaps be a bug on Hard mode, I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the feedback!

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 04:33:19 pm »
Yeah it's the first time I've seen Tri doing this. Last time I played a lot Tri always performed flawlessly. I hope someone can duplicate this somehow otherwise I might start to think that I'm just crazy lol.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:27:32 am »
Yeah it's the first time I've seen Tri doing this. Last time I played a lot Tri always performed flawlessly. I hope someone can duplicate this somehow otherwise I might start to think that I'm just crazy lol.

I have seen Tri on occasion start moving in a stuttery manner, so there might be some kind of problem there. Probably just a really obscure, rare bug.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk