Author Topic: Huge new alpha build 0.204!  (Read 17783 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Huge new alpha build 0.204!
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2015, 07:22:24 pm »
but at the end it's head pops off, starts flying around on it's own, and goes bonkers at you
Is that what that thing is supposed to be? I always figured it was just sort of hanging around or something.

And, now that I finally take a look at the achievement list, and see that it's named "Kyurionesu heddo", I feel a bit silly.

Yeah, I originally couldnt tell what in the hell it was, the thing is weird looking, and I'm most familiar with the game on Ultra mode, where, well... it's hard to even see the damn thing.  Either way it makes just as much sense as the rest of that gigantic monster.  Takes up the whole level, walks on molten rock, CONSTANTLY farts those super-irritating suicide bees at you (seriously, it never... stops.... doing that.... argh), shoots bullets from every conceivable part of it's body, and so on.

One thing I never could tell in that game though though wasnt that boss, but with the first boss.  That very final pattern it does, what the hell *are* those things that are firing the bullet streams?  They just sorta pop into existence and look like some sort of bizarre alien gate to another dimension, which makes even less sense due to the fact that there's like 6 of them; what the heck they have to do with that particular gigantic insect, I have no idea.  It's hard to even get a good look at them at all, really.

Offline xaid

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2015, 01:25:06 am »
I have been playing the alpha for a bit and I must say that I like the mech design more than the previous ship design.

Any chance of getting a hoverboard-like upgrade / pickup which adds some kind of glide ability to the mech? That will make it seem like they're flying without them actually flying...

Offline ElOhTeeBee

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2015, 02:30:47 am »
That very final pattern it does, what the hell *are* those things that are firing the bullet streams?
If you watch it in slow motion, you can clearly see those things unfolding out of the bug's back, the part behind the broken bit. It's some sort of weird-ass organic cannon; nothing the game doesn't have in droves elsewhere...

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2015, 02:41:48 am »
uses giant insects the whole way through

Mushihimesama?

So is Fantasy Zone, now THERE was a weird shmup...

You can't talk about weird shmups without mentioning Cho Aniki.  There's like a law or something.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2015, 02:42:09 pm »
uses giant insects the whole way through

Mushihimesama?

So is Fantasy Zone, now THERE was a weird shmup...

You can't talk about weird shmups without mentioning Cho Aniki.  There's like a law or something.

Yeah, it was Mushihime-sama.   Specifically the first one.  Futari goes further and then adds dinosaurs and jellyfish and stuff, because that makes perfect sense.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »
Yeah, it was Mushihime-sama.   Specifically the first one.  Futari goes further and then adds dinosaurs and jellyfish and stuff, because that makes perfect sense.
Yea, there's "I Wanna Be The Guy" and there's "I Wanna Be The - what on earth is that thing?"
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk