Author Topic: Found a... Bullet Hell Room?  (Read 3178 times)

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Found a... Bullet Hell Room?
« on: April 08, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »
Maybe it is just that I don't play very well. On a normal run on Floor 5, I encountered this room:

TunnelTall/Reath_TwistAndTurns.txt

Long story short, 5 seconds after I entered the room, all space was so covered with bullets that I could barely see the enemies. Fortunately for me, this time I had a full health seriously-damage-boosted Humble, to the point where I could insta kill most enemies with Contrishooter... And I ended up dashing through the tunnel of bullets and barely cleared the room without dying. The green cannon spreads numerous small dots across the room, and most enemies (that I barely have the attention to see) are what I call "area denial" type, in thin corridors.

Yeah, I don't know how to deal with these type of enemies in tiny space without overwhelming DPS on my side. Throughout this run, I could not find any good primary weapon (or secondaries. Or maybe I just ignored them because of the Contrashooter), so if I used another mech I would be doomed.

BTW, I am still not very used to the sudden health upgrade for enemies in Level 5. How much health is added for the enemies? They feel a lot tankier, somehow.

Sorry that I forgot to make a bug report save...

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Found a... Bullet Hell Room?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:17:00 pm »
I had a look at the room, I don't really see any issues with it.  There's only 7 enemies in it, one of which is a sniper-type that's secluded in it's own sealed-off room. 

However, by this "green cannon" it sounds like you ran into an Inferno Cannon (much worse Blaze Cannon).  So there's part of the danger, heh.  Unless it was something else but I cant think of what else it could be. You might have also set off the room's 1 jumpscare enemy too quickly (things like Pearls that go berserk if you get too close) which always just adds to the lunacy.   Other than that, it seems a fairly normal room.  A tough one, but yeah, I don't really see anything that needs changing.

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:29:00 pm »
I had a look at the room, I don't really see any issues with it.  There's only 7 enemies in it, one of which is a sniper-type that's secluded in it's own sealed-off room. 

However, by this "green cannon" it sounds like you ran into an Inferno Cannon (much worse Blaze Cannon).  So there's part of the danger, heh.  Unless it was something else but I cant think of what else it could be. You might have also set off the room's 1 jumpscare enemy too quickly (things like Pearls that go berserk if you get too close) which always just adds to the lunacy.   Other than that, it seems a fairly normal room.  A tough one, but yeah, I don't really see anything that needs changing.

Hmm, maybe it was my habit to fire while entering a room that was responsible. I "perceived" much more enemies than 7, as a result.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:46:59 pm »
Hum, I also don't see anything particularly out of place in the room design.

P.S. If you do nothing when first entering the room, there'll be a white glow around your mech indicating that most enemies (not all) will be inactive, and you have a chance of surveying what you can see / backing out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk