Author Topic: Any interest in Arcen merch...specifically T-Shirts?  (Read 14854 times)

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
Any interest in Arcen merch...specifically T-Shirts?
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:50:58 am »
Hey guys

I notice that a lot of streamers supplement their income nowadays by running T-Shirt campaigns on Teespring.com.

https://teespring.com/

I'm not sure how well known the site is, but basically it's a place that creates and distributes merchandise (I'm sure there are other similar sites, too). All Arcen really needs is a design. Then, they just start a campaign with a sales goal in mind, let's say 50. If they meet that goal, then the shirts are printed and sent out to the buyers. Seems fairly straightforward. Who here fancies their own Arcen, merch? I know I do. I'd be down to buy one shirt at least. I imagine that a 50 sales minimum campaign would make this worthwhile for Arcen to do. Any interest? Also, if there is interest, what design would you like to see on the shirt?

Edit: I should add that I've asked Chris about this and he says it's something he's interested in if there's a demand.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:54:39 am by Pepisolo »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Any interest in Arcen merch...specifically T-Shirts?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 02:07:02 am »
Kinda depends on where they get priced as I usually don't have a ton of disposable income. 

Outside of that, I could definitely go for an Arcen T (let's not do game specific ones as I would need several and I would go broke).
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 03:30:03 am »
I'm not creative in the slightest (At least graphically, I can do weird stuff with software :) ), but an easy design would just be any variant of the Arcen logo, like the one at the top of the forums.

I looked at it a little bit because I was curious, and it seems like the shirts would likely be priced below $20 (USD), but I could be wrong depending on the design. Also, the design can only have 10 colours, so nothing too fancy, unfortunately.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 04:49:25 am »
I'm not creative in the slightest (At least graphically, I can do weird stuff with software :) ), but an easy design would just be any variant of the Arcen logo, like the one at the top of the forums.

I looked at it a little bit because I was curious, and it seems like the shirts would likely be priced below $20 (USD), but I could be wrong depending on the design. Also, the design can only have 10 colours, so nothing too fancy, unfortunately.

I actually resized the Arcen logo above and went through the creation process (pretty easy overall).  The cheapest T-shirts still end up being ~$22 before shipping and that is with the logo only on the front (front back is more).  Quantity is pretty flexible it seems, minimum is 3 all the way up to 1000.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Vacuity

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 06:16:25 am »
The shipping costs to where I live would probably make this a non-starter for me, but aren't the Destroyer of Worlds and Vengeance of the Machine logos the best ones?  They'd look great on T-shirts.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
The shipping costs to where I live would probably make this a non-starter for me, but aren't the Destroyer of Worlds and Vengeance of the Machine logos the best ones?  They'd look great on T-shirts.

Yeah, the main problem is that shipping costs outside the US can be pretty high. I have seen some streamers do deals with Teespring, so that they ship from both USA and Europe, reducing the shipping costs significantly, but I don't know if Arcen would have access to this, though. I'm assuming most of Arcen's fans are from the US? So most of the fans would have access to reasonable shipping costs, you'd think, at least.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »
Well, depending on how far you want to go with merchandising and having to deal with distribution and storage, http://www.printerstudio.com/ (or similar) shop, would be an option. They aren't going to offer the storefront or to customer shipping, but they do offer a larger variety of options items. What options you say? Well tons, for example:

• Mouse pads (with images)~$2 - depends on quantity and design
  • Playing Cards with a unique AI War ships on each card. Identify your enemies, like in WW2 and such.
  • Jigsaw puzzles with some of those hi-rez art pieces.
  • Baseball like trading cards with stats on the back. I have a Shred Guardian. HP 100, Bouncy rotarary shot.
  • tshits, keychains, the usual random things.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 05:34:35 pm »
Keychains I'd certainly buy.  Though my chain is already like 2 feet long.

Or something like this:  https://v-cubes.com/create-your-cube

Which is now stuck in my mind after I thought of it.  As if I dont already have 10 squillion of those things all over my room.

Now it'll bother me until I do it. 

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 05:47:53 pm »

Keychains I'd certainly buy.  Though my chain is already like 2 feet long.

Or something like this:  https://v-cubes.com/create-your-cube

Which is now stuck in my mind after I thought of it.  As if I dont already have 10 squillion of those things all over my room.

Now it'll bother me until I do it. 

Those cubes are pretty neat.  Anyone know off hand how much those are in USD?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »
For a 3x3 cube it's about $17.

Dunno what the price is for a 2x2.

For a cube that has actual custom printing on it... bloody good price, actually.  Cubes/puzzles of this type, without any custom whatsits, tend to sit right around $20.  Unless you're buying one of the more loopy ones at which point it rises dramatically.

Though the quality on V-cubes can be a bit iffy;  but this is likely only going to matter to someone that's into cubing/puzzles as a hobby.  Most people arent likely to notice those issues.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 07:59:58 pm »
merchandise is something id buy not using the mech though I'm really not that interested in the mech in that way personally id use races from tlf/stars for the shirts.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk