Author Topic: Screenshots for Steam  (Read 12954 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Screenshots for Steam
« on: January 22, 2016, 05:06:55 pm »
Given the general lack of enthusiasm for the current Steam Screenshots, I thought I'd start adding ones here that might be better. If you have screenshots that you think might be good add them too. Then we can see about getting the Official Steam ones replaced.

Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Screenshots for Steam
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:14:12 pm »
another set
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 05:20:51 pm »
I've notified Chris of these so he can have a look.

Is that invader thing already in the game?   I apologize if you submitted it and I didn't check it; the last couple of days have been a tad absurd and it's super hard to keep track of 8 squillion things at once.  Particularly when things then break down at random.  I still have your rooms to deal with and a couple from Cinth as well I think; that'll have to wait until later.  I'm definitely done for the day.

I swear if I have to test the Warden just one more time I'm going to throw the monitor out the window.  But he's freaking DONE now and so is Hard mode.  Ugh.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »
another set

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 05:24:24 pm »

Is that invader thing already in the game?   I apologize if you submitted it and I didn't check it; the last couple of days have been a tad absurd and it's super hard to keep track of 8 squillion things at once.  Particularly when things then break down at random.  I still have your rooms to deal with and a couple from Cinth as well I think; that'll have to wait until later.  I'm definitely done for the day.

I swear if I have to test the Warden just one more time I'm going to throw the monitor out the window.  But he's freaking DONE now and so is Hard mode.  Ugh.

No worries. I plopped the files up on the Mantis for you, but I think Pepsicolo and Chris got a hold of them first. I haven't cross-referenced if/which things got added to the mainline yet, I'm trying to do a last minute bug check on the latest version. Given the horrible things Chris did to my poor innocent Goombas, he seems amused enough.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »
Another set.

Offline Castruccio

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 05:26:22 pm »
These are so much better than the current ones.  Nice job.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 05:29:11 pm »

Mine are in.  Was one room that had an issue that should be fixed with the next update.  And Invader is in.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 05:31:54 pm »

Mine are in.  Was one room that had an issue that should be fixed with the next update.  And Invader is in.

Okay, good, that means I dont have to try to remember to do any of it.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 05:34:32 pm »
I solved your secret room issue on mantis too  :P  (and promptly died a few rooms later).
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57:04 pm »
Secret room issue?

There's been more than a few of those, so I'm not sure just which you mean....

Heck, I only found out today there's more than one TYPE of secret room.  I'd only seen the sacrifice room before.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 06:00:45 pm »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:29 pm »
Actually that save doesnt work for me.  Gives a format error.

Come to think of it, the game's done that a few times today with bug-saves.  Huh.  I should probably mention that to Chris.

Does it work if you try to load it?  It could be because my build is a horrible exploded mess of constantly updated things.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 06:10:45 pm »
I just loaded it up.  It's fine for .970

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »
Screenshots? Yeah well I'm too tired atm, the Gemini twins were being asses last night hiding a really obvious bug. Can we keep updating screenshots after release, and should we also showcase:
- the 4 7x7 arena fight room
- a puzzle or condemned room
- an explosions shot, if that's possible? Why isn't Michael Bay directing this game?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk