Author Topic: New patch  (Read 9075 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
New patch
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:23:38 pm »
Last Patch introduced achievments (I was surprised that they work already), a new mech and new art.
The new mech is cool to play btw, I think this one will be my favourite (although I wish you would've made a yellow one, yellow is my favourite color).
However, the new bullet artworks are... different. i don't say that they are better or worse because this is debatable and not really important to begin with. But changing almost every bullet sprite so short before the release might not be the best idea.
I have a question: Some bullets look now a little bigger, some look a LOT bigger than before. Do they have bigger hitboxes than before? If so, this changes the balance because you now have to dodge bigger bullets.
It's also confusing for me as tester to see now so many different bullets that I've never seen before. For new players this won't be an issue but this throws me totally off guard because I was expecting something different, sometimes not noticing that this is an enemy bullet that flys towards me.

Why did you change the sprites to begin with?

A plus on the new death animations however. We needed some kind of explosions, what we had before wasn't visually very appealing.

Edit: WTF Wallmaster?! He now fires his walls on both sides at the same time? Impossible to doge, I bet even for Misery. This has to be a bug.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:26:42 pm by TheVampire100 »

Offline Bluddy

• Sr. Member Mark III
Re: New patch
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:38:40 pm »
The new bullets look much better than the old ones, but I agree the size may really be an issue.

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:40:25 pm »
Edit: WTF Wallmaster?! He now fires his walls on both sides at the same time? Impossible to doge, I bet even for Misery. This has to be a bug.

He was first floor boss in my latest run. I just threw up my hands and died. (playing on Normal difficulty)

Offline Matruchus

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:42:04 pm »
Yeah, Wallmaster is now really impossible to beat unless you have very high health. I started two new runs and got Wallmaster as first boss and those blue bullet walls can't be beaten, especially since they as said go both sides now so that you can't avoid them.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:49:34 pm »
I always hated Wallmaster, so nothing's changed for me.  :P

Random aside, how do you find secret rooms?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 12:04:28 am »
ACK! Wallmaster can still be beat (with a shot blocking drone)!

Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 12:26:31 am »
Yep, got Wallmaster in a recent run and no, that was the end of that run. Kind of proud that I made it to floor 4 in a different run on normal though :)

Haven't found a single secret room so far.

I agree on the bullet art. Much more diverse and better than the previous art, but some are a bit too big.

By the way: Anybody else find the high-pitched noise of the swarm bots annoying?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:29:29 am by Tolc »

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 12:41:20 am »
Adding initial_firing_delay ="2.2" as an attribute to WallMasterDown and WallMasterDownHard in \Configuration\EntitySystems\MiseryEnemySystems.xml will fix it.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 07:29:32 am »
Wait, Wallmaster did what?

Uuuuuugh.

I can already tell this is going to be one of those days....  I cant imagine what in the world could have screwed it up though.

Blasted thing was working just fine last night.  Alternating fire, no problems...

And I see the Warden is doing things like going through it's fourth stage without firing, and....

The bosses are clearly getting lazy when nobody is supervising them.

As for the bullets, alot of the bullets that got changed werent really supposed to be there to begin with.  Like, pretty much ALL of the bullets that Crystal Mother had been using?  Placeholders, all of them.  They're sprites taken directly from The Last  Federation.   They were used because at the time, the new bullets werent ready yet.

It's best not to have placeholder art around when you hit release.   So out they went!

I agree though, the size bit might be an issue for a few specific ones.  I'm going to be looking into that and will make changes if necessary. 

Adding initial_firing_delay ="2.2" as an attribute to WallMasterDown and WallMasterDownHard in \Configuration\EntitySystems\MiseryEnemySystems.xml will fix it.

Wait, that wasnt there already?

That's exactly the line I stuck into it last night.  How.... how is that not there?   Well at least that explains the issue....  Easy fix, then.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 07:34:50 am »
It's on Mantis and I posted a ss...  It was... interesting, to say the least.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 07:59:12 am »
Yeah, there's a whole buncha stuff on Mantis that needs looking at, as per the usual, heh.

I have to figure out why in the world the Warden would be slacking off, and then deal with Labyrinth's stupid turrets; THAT one I shoulda done awhile ago, but noooooooooo.   Procrastination!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 08:00:14 am »
I've only seen Laby 2 times.  Neither went well.... turrets or no turrets :/

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 08:04:31 am »
Well it's a very different boss from all of the others.  The idea is to force you to run away from that chaser missile.  Which the turrets then make difficult.

It's done pretty well as bosses go but the turrets have an issue where when the boss goes down, they do not.   But you cant destroy them when the boss is around.  So it makes for unnecessary derp after the boss is defeated.  So I need to fix that.  Shouldnt take long, Keith pointed out a possible way to make it happen easily.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 08:13:20 am »
Yeah, I kinda got the how to the second time.... Just didn't pull it off.  Heck, I'm just now starting to pull off regular perfects on some bosses.  Even managed to find Wallmaster Mk II.  I've gotta find a better button for slow move though...

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:37 pm »
wallmasters always been a big jerk he's always breaking the rules.(like the time he went of strike before I entered his room)
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk