Author Topic: Hard mode example videos: Centrifuge, Periphery, Dark Aberration  (Read 14305 times)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Okay!  So.  To show off some of the lunacy that is Hard mode, Chris asked me to make some videos of some of the bosses in it.  Right now, I have two to show off.  Periphery, who right now doesnt appear until floor 6 in my build, and Centrifuge, who is a freaking deathstorm on Hard. 

So for those that havent tested these bosses in that mode, here we go:

Centrifuge:  https://youtu.be/qlmu9Vv9AAA

Periphery:  https://youtu.be/Gfd9avJd294

Dark Aberration: https://youtu.be/nC3pfSN035I

Hard mode is designed for those that are either quite experienced with this sort of thing, or have quite mastered everything on Normal, and are ready for a higher level of challenge.  I think these will serve that purpose well.

And then just wait until Misery mode is available.  Haha.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:48:48 pm by Misery »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: Hard mode example videos: Centrifuge and Periphery
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:47:29 am »
 :o

To much small gap for me...
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:52:19 am »
:o

To much small gap for me...

Haha, I think alot of people will be saying that. 

But that's fine; the game is most balanced and designed around Normal mode, meant to be for everyone.   Which I think provides enough challenge to keep most players easily occupied.  Hard is something they can tackle later, if they really want things to be tougher.

Misery mode will make this look easy.  I was told by Chris to make that one hard enough that I myself can barely handle it.  It'll be hilarious.  And about as balanced as a drunken spider on a trampoline during an earthquake.

Though it is worth keeping in mind that I did these videos with the absolute most basic setups possible; by the time such bosses are reached in any mode, the player should be quite a bit stronger than that.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:56:08 am »
I could do a few but I can't keep hitting those gaps... I'm a sponge :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:09:42 pm by Cinth »
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Billick

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:15:20 pm »
Um yeah... I think I'll stick with normal for now. 

Offline Tolc

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 01:20:20 pm »
Misery mode will make this look easy.  I was told by Chris to make that one hard enough that I myself can barely handle it.  It'll be hilarious.  And about as balanced as a drunken spider on a trampoline during an earthquake.

I'd watch this! Not play it, mind, I got sweaty hands just watching your videos of hard mode! The drunken spider I'd watch as well, though :P

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:19 pm »
Looks like I should have some fun waiting for me at home later today.  Sadly it doesn't look like this will play well with beer...

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:14 pm »
Looks like I should have some fun waiting for me at home later today.  Sadly it doesn't look like this will play well with beer...

These two specific bosses might not be in yet today, depends on when a new build is pushed out for everyone.   I just made these like, 3 hours ago.

For Periphery you'll need to either use the test chamber, play with everything unlocked, or have opened up floor 6/7 (and hope it appears) to fight it.

Centrifuge should be at least relatively common on floor 3/4.

Offline Apathetic

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »
Based on other comments that you've made, I'll have more than just those 2 bosses worth of new boss fun.  I'm not terribly concerned with finding those two in particular, just new and explosive fun with the bosses in general.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 02:24:12 pm »
Yep.  Most bosses are set for Hard mode right now.   Sort of.  Crystal Mother is a bit of a violent disaster at the moment, because oops, so I need to fix that, but..... feh, I dont feel like doing that at the moment.  There's hard-mode enemies to test.

The Warden wont have a hard-mode specific thing yet because it essentially already IS hard mode, and Terminus/Sentinel/Palisade havent been touched yet.  Uh, and Wallmaster.  I think that's it?   Most are ready to go at this point.  I think most of those are available in the build you have now, actually.  Only the two in this topic were done today and not sent yet.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 05:25:29 pm »
I need to stop sucking so hard so I can see more bosses than centrifuge and wall master(okay as well as the Dark Arbirition but he's minced me all the times I've fought him) but hey I actual really the redshift mech it suits me to a tea. ps sorta weird note but just thought id mention that for the longest time I thought misery was female and I still keep thinking that even though that's constantly contradicted don't ask me why.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:01:54 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 05:30:59 pm »
I need to stop sucking so hard so I can see more bosses than centrifuge and wall master(okay as well as the black coloured boss who I cant remember the name of) but hey I actual really the redshift mech it suits me to a tea. ps sorta weird note but just thought id mention that for the longest time I thought misery was female and I still keep thinking that even though that's constantly contradicted don't ask me why.

Haha, I get that alot actually.  Though in truth, IRL I'm pretty androgynous in appearance, so sometimes even then someone will still think I'm a girl, heh. 

As for the bosses.... what's stopping you about Wallmaster?  I've actually slotted that one into the "easy" category of appearing in floors 1-2 right now.  Is it not as easy as the other early bosses yet?  It's bloody difficult to get these blasted things right.  To me they're all easy.

I just realized I forgot to fix Crystal Mother though.  Ugh.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 05:44:17 pm »
I need to stop sucking so hard so I can see more bosses than centrifuge and wall master(okay as well as the black coloured boss who I cant remember the name of) but hey I actual really the redshift mech it suits me to a tea. ps sorta weird note but just thought id mention that for the longest time I thought misery was female and I still keep thinking that even though that's constantly contradicted don't ask me why.

Haha, I get that alot actually.  Though in truth, IRL I'm pretty androgynous in appearance, so sometimes even then someone will still think I'm a girl, heh. 

As for the bosses.... what's stopping you about Wallmaster?  I've actually slotted that one into the "easy" category of appearing in floors 1-2 right now.  Is it not as easy as the other early bosses yet?  It's bloody difficult to get these blasted things right.  To me they're all easy.

I just realized I forgot to fix Crystal Mother though.  Ugh.
a couple of things 1 I forgot to mention that its the Dark Arbirition  that I kept getting minced on not wall master I actually find him incredibly easy(to easy in fact) I was just testing the new mech out just now and I destroyed that boss so nvm about that.
2 is the deep blues main meant to do more damaged than others? it feels that way but I'm probably mistaken.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:01:08 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 05:56:34 pm »
Pff, poser.  :-\

But seriously, nice work. But I doubt that I can achieve the same result.
I find Dark Arbirition harder however, can you make a video of that one please?

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 05:59:22 pm »
Pff, poser.  :-\

But seriously, nice work. But I doubt that I can achieve the same result.
I find Dark Arbirition harder however, can you make a video of that one please?
so that's what the black coloured boss is I completely forgot now I can edit those posts to make my self look smarter.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk