Author Topic: Note for yellowshirts! The entry date will be Monday the 1st rather than today.  (Read 7404 times)

Offline satoru

Sleep well. While obviously we're excited to see whats coming, I know first hand that bad mistakes are done when you rush things on lack of sleep. :)

Offline jerith

What section of Mantis do I report Chris and Keith's broken calendar in? It seems to have no weekends and only 24 hours in a day. :P

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming changes.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Cheers guys, I appreciate the understanding. :)

My hope is that I can get the new stuff wrapped up and out the door in the next 4ish hours, but we'll see.  All of the building/district stuff is done unless I run into any bugs, so it's all about how long it takes me to work through the tech/social tree stuff so that it makes sense, and then to a lesser extent finishing redefining some of those buildings that are related.

The tech tree is probably going to look pretty foreign to folks in the next version just because it tends to lead to cascading changes with something like this.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
The tech tree is probably going to look pretty foreign to folks in the next version just because it tends to lead to cascading changes with something like this.
This does not sound bad to me - at all. Looking forward to the new version!
4ish hours would be right on time for calling it a day here in Europe :).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
And nas1m came up with some excellent suggestions as well based I think partly on your thing, and unfortunately I have not even acknowledged his mantis issue yet, but I have read it and think it's a great idea (I was already planning on that one when I got a chance, but anyhow).:)
Just out of curiosity: Which one are you talking about here ;)?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
This does not sound bad to me - at all. Looking forward to the new version!
4ish hours would be right on time for calling it a day here in Europe :).

Ah, that's true!

And nas1m came up with some excellent suggestions as well based I think partly on your thing, and unfortunately I have not even acknowledged his mantis issue yet, but I have read it and think it's a great idea (I was already planning on that one when I got a chance, but anyhow).:)
Just out of curiosity: Which one are you talking about here ;)?

Weaker independent rogues in the early game.  There are some kinds of rogues you just never see with the current setup, and that's completely unintentional.  I have a number of changes to rogues and to planet rage that I want to make so that both are more interesting and fun.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Weaker independent rogues in the early game.  There are some kinds of rogues you just never see with the current setup, and that's completely unintentional.  I have a number of changes to rogues and to planet rage that I want to make so that both are more interesting and fun.
Sounds good!
I had hoped for the "give the leaders a location on the map" bit ;).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Ah, that one was not something that I had thought of on my own, no.  That one is something that requires more thought and that I'm lumping under diplomacy.  I do really love that idea, but it requires more thought on my part first.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Cheers guys, I appreciate the understanding. :)

My hope is that I can get the new stuff wrapped up and out the door in the next 4ish hours, but we'll see.  All of the building/district stuff is done unless I run into any bugs, so it's all about how long it takes me to work through the tech/social tree stuff so that it makes sense, and then to a lesser extent finishing redefining some of those buildings that are related.

that's fine I've been to complacent any way it'll be nice to have to moan about besides bugs (;
c.r

Offline satoru

Also as a minor request could I sneak into the first batch of yellowshirts. Mostly because this week is a bit better to test things out for me anyway

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Also as a minor request could I sneak into the first batch of yellowshirts. Mostly because this week is a bit better to test things out for me anyway

Got you marked!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk