Author Topic: Beta 0.900 (Social Polish)  (Read 2181 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.900 (Social Polish)
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »
Notes: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_2_Release_Notes#Version_0.900

1. FINALLY the social progress screen actually uses its real graphics that Blue did for it a long while ago.  Much easier on the eyes and easier to sue.

2. A variety of small usability improvements and midsized balance things.

3. The last of the racial roads.

Right now Keith is pretty much plowing through a bunch of mantis stuff, and I spent a lot of today organizing that and going through the list again (since Keith was running out of really meaningful stuff on our backlog that I'd assigned to him).  Over the weekend I've been working on story and diplomacy-ish stuff, since those go hand in hand and I want one to support the other properly.

Tomorrow I'm going to get back to heavily hitting on the diplomacy systems themselves, and hopefully have all of that designed by the end of the week and implemented by the end of next week.  We'll see.  Those are more or less our goals if we're going to hit an August release, otherwise we're probably looking at September.  I'm not keen on that prospect, but this is also a game that I want to make sure and get right.  It's really coming together well, but is certainly taking longer than I expected for a variety of reasons.  Hopefully that will all be worth it in the end and it will be fully awesome. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Beta 0.900 (Social Polish)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 05:52:55 pm »
Notes: https://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Phase_2_Release_Notes#Version_0.900

Tomorrow I'm going to get back to heavily hitting on the diplomacy systems themselves, and hopefully have all of that designed by the end of the week and implemented by the end of next week.  We'll see.  Those are more or less our goals if we're going to hit an August release, otherwise we're probably looking at September.  I'm not keen on that prospect, but this is also a game that I want to make sure and get right.  It's really coming together well, but is certainly taking longer than I expected for a variety of reasons.  Hopefully that will all be worth it in the end and it will be fully awesome. :)
glad to hear it I await the diplomacy fleshing with baited breath.
c.r

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:47 am »
:P

You guys modifying 2 pages of issues yesterday was kind of noticable actually =). Same here though I'm waiting for the diplomatic stuff. It sounds like it's the latest major feature not yet in so...

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 10:03:51 am »
Haha, yeah, going through and doing a huge sweep of mantis certainly does stir things up for anyone on those tickets, I imagine. :)

Believe me, I'm just as anxious about the diplomacy stuff as you guys!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk