Author Topic: Beta 0.771 (now 0.772) now out!  (Read 2170 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.771 (now 0.772) now out!
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »
For you redshirts: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.771

To force an update, restart steam.

This resolves the worst of the issues that you guys were seeing, I believe.  Particularly regarding crime and trash.  There are still plenty of other things to do, sure, but I think this got the most serious stuff from wave 1.  Now that that's done, of course, it will be easier to find all-new most-serious stuff. ;)

I didn't get any chance today to work on the new gui, nor did I get to really respond in many of the forum threads here (or read most of them), because the beta feedback was so voluminous and it took me a bit to find my sea legs with it again.  No worries, you guys are doing absolutely perfectly!  Please don't change how much you're submitting.  But I'm going to try to balance my time a bit better so I'm not spending 3-4 hours in mantis and the forums each day just parsing feedback.  So my responses may be more abbreviated for a while by necessity, until the volume of stuff dies down.  It's not lack of interest on my part!  Thanks for understanding.

UPDATE: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.772

This one has a couple of misc things, and then the fix to that one nasty bug that was preventing explorer camp placement unless you held down shift (intuitive, that ;)).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:06:07 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hyfrydle

Re: Beta 0.771 now out!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:12:08 pm »
Hi Chris would it be best to start a new game after the update?

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:15:21 pm »
Thanks Chris!

If you have to choose one way or another, I'd prefer you go ahead and get GUI taken care of. The more we get acclimated to this one the harder it'll be to switch over.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:16:03 pm »
Chris, you have this titled as .771 but the wiki says .701, and so does your link ;)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 06:43:31 pm »
I clicked the link and I got taken a black screen and I had  to restart my laptop don't if that's happened to anybody else but that was kinda weird.
c.r

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:47:21 pm »
I clicked the link and I got taken a black screen and I had  to restart my laptop don't if that's happened to anybody else but that was kinda weird.

That sounds really weird, but I think it is a one-time thing since I don't have that problem on any other device I use to click the link.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 07:58:08 pm »
Hi Chris would it be best to start a new game after the update?

I would say that is a judgement call.  I don't think any older saves are invalid, but especially after .772 (out shortly), the balance there with linguistics in particular will be worth a restart I think.

As we get closer to being out of the redshirt period, the need for restarts will go drastically down, but it may be relatively high this week depending on what you consider a "need" to restart.  All the savegames are backward compatible, so you'll never be forced to start a new one.

Thanks Chris!

If you have to choose one way or another, I'd prefer you go ahead and get GUI taken care of. The more we get acclimated to this one the harder it'll be to switch over.

True enough!  That's going to be my mission for tomorrow, I think.  Hopefully I can knock that out in 3-4 hours max, we'll see.

Chris, you have this titled as .771 but the wiki says .701, and so does your link ;)

Whoops, the wiki and link were wrong.  Fxied both, thanks!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Re: Beta 0.771 (now 0.772) now out!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 08:07:21 pm »
UPDATE: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stars_Beyond_Reach_Beta_Release_Notes#Version_0.772

This one has a couple of misc things, and then the fix to that one nasty bug that was preventing explorer camp placement unless you held down shift (intuitive, that ;)).

That's it for me tonight guys, see you in the morning.  I may skip out on most of mantis and the forums for a while and get that new gui knocked out so that isn't hanging over me, and then I can focus more on the specific things going on with mantis without that being in the back of my mind all the time, heh.  I don't think the new GUI will be too drastic of an adjustment, but it's definitely different (and better).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk