Author Topic: 5/14: Chris's thoughts on what comes next (yikes balance!), and blueshirts.  (Read 6346 times)

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III
The faction I think that needs the biggest decrease in city size are the Thoraxians, man, they have buildings EVERYWHERE, making them super hard to wipe out. I think that the Andors cities are the right size though.
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline jerith

I think the Thoraxians are supposed to be like that. Subsurface, at least.

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III

Except that even then their tunnels allowed them to be spread out like crazy, making military conquest a chore unless you got 90% of the other factions on your side.
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline jerith

There wouldn't be much use to the tunnels otherwise, I suppose...

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Thoraxians aren't a part of the races you need to dominate. Plus they can't be dominated anyway.

At this point in time I like their growth. I also like the other races growth, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:04:19 pm by ptarth »
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
The faction I think that needs the biggest decrease in city size are the Thoraxians, man, they have buildings EVERYWHERE, making them super hard to wipe out. I think that the Andors cities are the right size though.
sell them military tech and get chummy with them that's what I've done in my current game also an observation of mine some of the races I've touched buts with have built saucers around or on top of my city(without attacking) I don't know if this is intended or not but I like it its neat.
c.r

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky

Except that even then their tunnels allowed them to be spread out like crazy, making military conquest a chore unless you got 90% of the other factions on your side.
There's a way to stunt their growth: terrain risers. No one can dig under mountains. You might even be able to encircle them.

Offline Zebeast46

• Full Member Mark III

There's a way to stunt their growth: terrain risers. No one can dig under mountains. You might even be able to encircle them.

That is actually really cool!!! Did not know you could do that, by the way, is it possible to destroy the tunnels?
AI 1 = Chris.

AI 2 = Keith.

Taken from Bognor

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Ah, cool. I look forward to not having the Peltians and Krolin taking all my lebensraum. :-)

Ahahaha.  The idea of the Peltians as being those folks is particularly funny to me.  Of course I know they do it, but it's still funny. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline jerith

Ah, cool. I look forward to not having the Peltians and Krolin taking all my lebensraum. :-)

Ahahaha.  The idea of the Peltians as being those folks is particularly funny to me.  Of course I know they do it, but it's still funny. :)

The implication of the term "lebensraum" is that I'm the aggressor and they're just passively sitting in places I want to expand into with their windmills and tulip fields. The Peltians fit better than the Krolins, who just happened to be expanding in my general direction and were rather more aggressive until 0.816 stopped them shooting everything I tried to build near the coast.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III

The implication of the term "lebensraum" is that I'm the aggressor and they're just passively sitting in places I want to expand into with their windmills and tulip fields. The Peltians fit better than the Krolins, who just happened to be expanding in my general direction and were rather more aggressive until 0.816 stopped them shooting everything I tried to build near the coast.

Ah, that makes sense. :)  I did notice the sinister overtones of that term when I googled it, but your wording made the peltians also sound particularly aggressive.  Reflecting on it now, not so much, though. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk