Author Topic: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.812  (Read 5133 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Skyward Collapse Alpha 0.812
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 08:22:05 pm »
Misery: I forgot to mention. If there are powers without costs, that's definitely not right. A mantis ticket for josh would be appreciated so that he can look into it.

Madcow: not sure exactly when we're starting the next round. The main barriers are the tutorial and maybe some woes, but it's hard to say. It may be just as well to start the next batch without woes.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 08:22:36 pm »
I'd say tutorial if you haven't finished the press version :)  Those first impressions and all that jazz.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline madcow

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 08:24:03 pm »
Well, I would definitely say do the tutorial before doing another batch/press releases.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »
Hmm, I personally would like to see the Woes get in and be able to try those out and test them first...... but then, I also already know how to play the game.   The tutorial stuffs seem like it'll need alot less testing and such?   Wheras the Woes are almost guaranteed to need alot of testing and balance tweaking and all of that fun stuff that makes things break down at times, since they're a pretty huge game mechanic and all.

AKA:   I have no idea which you should do first   :P

And god token costs:   Sure, I'll put one up about it.

EDIT:   Ok, mantis links:   http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11441    That one's for the token costs..... it turns out none of them are costing anything (none of the ones I could test anyway), not just Heimdall's.  I'd thought it was just his because the text on his doesnt even mention it, but no, it's others as well.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11441   And this one is due to Heimdall's horn simply not doing anything.  Goes and stands on it, but it has no effect.

Also, these tokens all say "can only be used once", but they're all useable more than that?   I cant tell if that's a bug, or something left over from an earlier version before changes (which seems to make sense to me, since they cost moonstone/sunstone now, so the player is going to be quite limited indeed in using them as it is since that's so hard to get).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:39:12 pm by Misery »

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 08:53:53 pm »
Crime rates are +3/+4/+5 if I remember correctly.  2 military producers should be plenty to hold even the Norse towns  (+25 over 5 turns vs -30 for 2 producers every 5 turns).

In my current game it's running at 8 per turn in round 3. This gives 3 producers only 5% operating margin. And this is on medium difficulty.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:50 pm »
Crime rates are +3/+4/+5 if I remember correctly.  2 military producers should be plenty to hold even the Norse towns  (+25 over 5 turns vs -30 for 2 producers every 5 turns).

In my current game it's running at 8 per turn in round 3. This gives 3 producers only 5% operating margin. And this is on medium difficulty.
Make your 3rd producer a Siege and you'll have more room :)
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 12:40:51 am »
Eeeeshhh. Finally hit up ALL the lesser and greater gods for functionality on at least the tokens.  I didn't check if they were properly charging resources, just if they worked....

Now I'm going to go hide before Chris comes back with a club.... ;)

Offline Winge

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 12:46:42 am »
Hmm, I personally would like to see the Woes get in and be able to try those out and test them first...... but then, I also already know how to play the game.   The tutorial stuffs seem like it'll need alot less testing and such?   Wheras the Woes are almost guaranteed to need alot of testing and balance tweaking and all of that fun stuff that makes things break down at times, since they're a pretty huge game mechanic and all.

AKA:   I have no idea which you should do first   :P

And god token costs:   Sure, I'll put one up about it.

EDIT:   Ok, mantis links:   http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11441    That one's for the token costs..... it turns out none of them are costing anything (none of the ones I could test anyway), not just Heimdall's.  I'd thought it was just his because the text on his doesnt even mention it, but no, it's others as well.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11441   And this one is due to Heimdall's horn simply not doing anything.  Goes and stands on it, but it has no effect.

Also, these tokens all say "can only be used once", but they're all useable more than that?   I cant tell if that's a bug, or something left over from an earlier version before changes (which seems to make sense to me, since they cost moonstone/sunstone now, so the player is going to be quite limited indeed in using them as it is since that's so hard to get).

Added a bit to the God token Mantis post.  At this point, it's probably going to be easier to find the tokens that cost the player as intended...  FYI:  "can only be used once" just means that gods can only pick up the token once.  It acts more like the counter on ruins or mythological tokens.  It confused me worse as well :-\

As for what to do next, that depends on how soon you will introduce VP and random gods.  I wouldn't want to see everything bugged as it is now and then add in VPs.  Just getting Skadi randomly could royally mess up the Norse player if they focused on ranged units.  Otherwise, getting the tutorial to the point where a few more people could help locate bugs would also be beneficial.
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 01:55:42 am »
Right... what I might do is to play til turn 39 deliberately stocking up on sunstone and moonstone, save (and upload), make sure Norns isn't active and then systematically test all lesser gods.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 02:29:13 am »
Right... what I might do is to play til turn 39 deliberately stocking up on sunstone and moonstone, save (and upload), make sure Norns isn't active and then systematically test all lesser gods.
That's pretty much what I did.  Then fast forward to just before round 3 to hit the greater gods :)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 02:38:20 am »

The token effects also need to be tested too, on them, it's looking like alot of them are very glitchy.

I can confirm that Ares and Idunn both work fine.

Athena, her necklace does nothing.   The plant thing also lasted more turns than it should have.

Heimdall's horn does nothing.

Heimdall's sword is also busted, in that it never goes away.  He'll just keep using it over and over and over again.... this one is completely game breaking, you cannot advance if this happens.

Heimdall's horse works just fine.

The mantis page for these:  http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=11465

If you have a chance to test some of the other tokens, please add it to that page there and list them here too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:40:19 am by Misery »

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 03:38:23 am »
Sorry Misery, I already started... :P I've now briefly tested almost all the minor god tokens. Moving on to an old save for major god tokens.. Interestingly Ullr's bones do not work while Apollo's serpent does.

EDIT: okay, tested all minor and major God tokens now. This is their cost page in a note.  I hope this helps... NB: can't fully tests apollo's lyre and Ullrs Runestone.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:01:35 am by zharmad »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 07:28:45 am »
Ah yes, I completely forgot to mention: due to the extreme time constraints of implementing the god tokens and then testing them, I didn't test the last two batches of them, just the first. Thanks for running through all that and finding the problem areas, I'll look into that Monday most likely.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 07:34:34 am »
We figured. ;) Take a break and think about your "woes"; you'll need it. :D

Offline SRombauts

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 07:43:55 am »
think about your "woes"; you'll need it. :D

By the way, "woes" is not a common English world, at least not in geek and video games vocabulary I know;
"Cataclysms", "Catastrophes", and many others would undoubtedly be more understandable for strangers like me...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk