Author Topic: Grey vs Dead and other confusing terminology  (Read 10582 times)

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
Grey vs Dead and other confusing terminology
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:24:04 am »
In the Encyclopedia, there are some places where Greys are referred to as Dead, notably in the description for the Weak Spawner (PS if that's a WEAK spawner I never want to see a strong spawner...).

Also, it feels a little unpolished to have monsters and items in the bonus objective descriptions referred to by (what I assume is) their internal names rather than their names in the Encyclopedia.  For example, "Don't use any TacksPickup" instead of just Tacks, or "Kill all of type GreySlow before all of type GreyWandering" instead of Slow Grey and Wandering Grey.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Grey vs Dead and other confusing terminology
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:08 am »
Thanks!

* Fixed the gray spawners using old terminology of "dead" instead "gray" in the encyclopedia.

* In the bonus objectives, nicer encyclopedia-style names for the monsters and weapons and such are now used, instead of their internal names as shown in the level editor.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MaxAstro

• Sr. Member Mark II
  • Love, Peace, and Calvinball
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10:51:15 am »
Maybe it's just me, but the "of type" bit feels a little overly technical to me, too.

"Kill all Slow Grey before all Wandering Grey" just sounds nicer, IMO.  ~shrug~

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 10:55:29 am »
Thanks!

* Improved the wording of the bonus objectives again to not use the term "of type," which was overly wordy and overly technical-sounding.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline wizzahd

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:24:12 am »
just to add: it seems that in the encyclopedia and sometimes in dialogue, "New Grey" are referred to as "Recent Grey".

cheers :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk