Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I think a fleet management system like in Stellaris would suit this game greatly, where you can pre-design fleets to include x amount of ships
AI War II / Re: AI War 2 v0.856 Released! "Sabre Company"
« Last post by tombik on Yesterday at 05:22:25 PM »
Draco, it requires a 64bit OS, so that would be my guess...

Doh, that would do it. Yep, blame the frakencomputer. Hard drive from an older laptop (that had a hardware failure in its power switch) and my desktop's guts (that had windows commit suicide). OS is, in fact, 32 bit.

Sigh, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer!

I hope the next sentence of mine will not offend you somehow but...

Your style of writing above really reminded me of Misery's :D
« Last post by Draco18s on November 10, 2018, 12:46:27 PM »

Doh, that would do it. Yep, blame the frakencomputer. Hard drive from an older laptop (that had a hardware failure in its power switch) and my desktop's guts (that had windows commit suicide). OS is, in fact, 32 bit.

Sigh, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer!
« Last post by x4000 on November 10, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Sounds awesome to me, Puffin!

AI War II / Re: Initial feedback on the graphics - details and style
« Last post by kmunoz on November 10, 2018, 12:56:51 AM »
I tried playing a game without any icons and given the scale of the system maps it just doesn't work. Your own units are tiny enough as it is, but enemy units are completely invisible unless you know exactly where to look.

And that surfaces a whole lot of questions. The pretty graphics are essentially hidden in regular play. They're not useful for interaction and the icons completely cover them at the scale one generally uses. (Up close they're off to the side, but that itself is a whole other problem.) I'm also surprised at the size ratios between the fleet ships and larger structures. The player's Ark is pretty big, but most AI structures seem to show up on the map as barely more than dots when you've got the whole system in view.

It definitely seems to me that the right happy medium would be for identical icons to merge into single (larger) icons when they get close together. The size of the icon would identify roughly the number of units it represents. Additionally, it would make sense if the "close together" threshold were based on the view rather than absolute distance, so that if you zoom in, the icons would separate down to smaller components, until you're zoomed all the way in and seeing one icon per squad.

However, the only way this would be satisfying for people who want to see huge masses of ships is if the ship graphics themselves were a little bit larger. Right now with icons off they look like a cloud of gnats (and you can't distinguish single units from the background).
« Last post by Draco18s on November 09, 2018, 10:45:59 PM »
*Finally gets around to maybe poking at things*

Um. Chris, why does steam tell me I can't install the game ("invalid platform")? I realize my machine is a bit of a frankenstein's monster, but it is running Windows 7.

*Headscratches*
« Last post by RocketAssistedPuffin on November 09, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »
Good to hear from you again Chris! Very good!

Had some things for testing, were major-ish so didn't put them in yet, so this update is smaller in my area.

But...got ideas kicking around in my head. When you're back in action, I'd...like to discuss a few. One's really minor, one's a bit bigger.

But get to that soon, if/when you want to.
AI War II / AI War 2 v0.856 Released! "Sabre Company"
« Last post by x4000 on November 09, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
Release notes here.

There are things!  They are new!  The release notes themselves are pretty much brief enough to cover it, to be honest.  There's some good fixes and tweaks in here, again from Puffin and Badger and Quinn.  I have still been out for the count.

My personal life has still been completely upside down and sideways, but this week it's been on balance more good changes than bad.  Still just a lot of getting used to... a completely new method of existence, really.  I'm finally mentally and emotionally and physically getting recovered enough that I think that I'll be coming back to work more or less like normal next week, unless something NEW happens.  My schedule is still going to be reduced from what it used to be, but I'm going to really focus on getting important stuff done efficiently, and I have Quinn and my dad as a big help on that.

So... yeah.  Continued apologies.  This is just the largest life change event I've had, other than having kids, since I became an adult.  So I'm just having to process and adjust, and I will get back on track.  Thanks for bearing with me, and to all the folks keeping things going while I've been reeling.

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options.  You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back.  Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc.  Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page.  If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games?  It doesn't have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen.  Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris
I will literally pay hundreds of dollars to be able to build all non-player ships.
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the AIW2 forum, not the AIWC forum. I don't know if this is possible for AIWC; probably not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10