Author Topic: Missing tech buys  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Burnstreet

Missing tech buys
« on: March 05, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »
I was trying out a game (1.0.4), claimed a second planet, and now had >5k science, so I wanted to unlock something.
But I could not find the tech option anymore.
Neither on the controller nor the ark nor the science thing.
Am I just blind or has it dissapeared? (I suspect the former)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Missing tech buys
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 04:02:32 pm »
The tech menu button shows when you have nothing selected. It needs to be changed so that the broader-context stuff like that is not hidden by the narrower-context of having a selection.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »
On a related note, does capturing the Advanced Research thing actually give you any tech at this point? I captured one but couldn't figure out how to get anything. It's possible there just isn't any additional tech implemented at this stage...

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 04:48:30 pm »
It should give you the MLRS bonus ship; it did at one point. I haven't tested it lately.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 05:02:16 pm »
Should it just show up in the list of buildable ships at the ark?

Offline lagomorph129

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 05:27:34 pm »
I can confirm that an ARS gave me the MLRS ship type. The part where it gets tricky is wondering whether or not it's a SPECIFIC ARS on each map that will give it, or if it's only the first one. And yes, it did just show up in anything capable of constructing ships. (ark, mkV shield)

On another note, I was only able to build mk I MLRS and decided to check if that's where the bonus tab in the tech slot comes into play, but found it nowhere. Again, I wondered and worked my way to the next ARS to see if that one would give me capability of unlocking mk II and so on; etc. It didn't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk