Author Topic: So.. Independent Games Festival 2014 was rigged  (Read 19239 times)

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
Re: So.. Independent Games Festival 2014 was rigged
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »
It is very interesting to compare the following categories:

1) Those asking for toleration.
2) Those being tolerant.

And while comparing them, one might throw in that tolerance of oppression lead the Darcsens to concentration camps and slavery.

Valkyrie Chronicles, if you haven't yet, watch anime or play it ;)

That was just released on the PC like three days ago, hold back on the spoilers please.

I promise that vague hint will be the only reference about the game story I drop ;) I hope it made you curious to find out more though. The game has an exceptional story, since it mirrors the Anime nearly 1:1

Since the Anime is one of my absolute favorites It's hard to tell what exactly is spoiler or not, I don't have the game on PC ;)

Been looking at that game. Seems really good, but I've pretty much used up what I'll allow myself to spend on video games for a while. Will probably pick it up during the Steam winter sale.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2014, 08:14:38 pm »
The point is that it's the actions of Gamersgate that matters, and not whatever new justification for their cause they decided to come up.

Do you think that gamergate* is a group, an event, or a movement?  :D

Your comment implies some kind of organized cause.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2014, 03:02:48 am »

2) Those being tolerant.

And while comparing them, one might throw in that tolerance of oppression lead the Darcsens to concentration camps and slavery.

Valkyrie Chronicles, if you haven't yet, watch anime or play it ;)

That was just released on the PC like three days ago, hold back on the spoilers please.

I promise that vague hint will be the only reference about the game story I drop ;) I hope it made you curious to find out more though. The game has an exceptional story, since it mirrors the Anime nearly 1:1

Since the Anime is one of my absolute favorites It's hard to tell what exactly is spoiler or not, I don't have the game on PC ;)

Been looking at that game. Seems really good, but I've pretty much used up what I'll allow myself to spend on video games for a while. Will probably pick it up during the Steam winter sale.

I have the same problem ;) I played it at a friends back eons ago on console and I already depleted my 1 game a month rule, on Dragon Age: Inquisition ;)

To draw back to the topic at hand, I just really don't like when people think their ideology has to apply to everyone, and more than that.... instead of trying to talk you into it and convert you with arguments try to use weapons, public shaming, or violence.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:05:56 am by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 06:11:09 pm »

2) Those being tolerant.

Try reading the following pair of interviews:
http://mangotron.com/pro-vs-anti-gamergate-two-interviews/

Do you think that gamergate* is a group, an event, or a movement?  :D
#GamerGate is a hashtag, with all the organization and sophistication that implies.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2014, 06:23:57 am »

2) Those being tolerant.

Try reading the following pair of interviews:
http://mangotron.com/pro-vs-anti-gamergate-two-interviews/

You couldn't put the current situation in better framing. This kind of rhetoric used by the Anti-GG person is why I am strongly pro-egalitarian and 100% against such people. Because they construct a narrative and ideology that has not the goal of equal-ism it has the goal to suppress and oppress differencing opinions, what is the fringe in PRO-GG is the center of ANTI-GG. And you couldn't really put it any better than those 2 interviews. 1 is a smart-intelligent human being that wants change and less toxicity and most importantly, not to be attacked for an opinion, the other is a toxic individual that only sees "us vs them" and will never be able to even comprehend that he is caught in an ideological mind-set that has only 1 goal, to silence, oppress and ostracize the other side with the goal to oppress that dissenting opinion.

There is really not much else to say. I know what I think and I have settled on a stance towards this, I am neither pro-gg nor anti-gg. But I hate people are that have the goal of oppression. And to me that's sadly what feminism is about nowadays. Maybe that is a mis-perception but it is my perception.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:25:46 am by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2014, 08:02:09 am »
It's also interesting that the figurehead representing the Gamergate side is a female, while the person representing the Anti-GG side is a male; during a discussion in which we're being told males are oppressing women. It's internalized misogyny boys. She's been brainwashed by the patriarchy.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk