Author Topic: Silent mouse  (Read 13061 times)

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
Silent mouse
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:24:40 pm »
I just bought this mouse (scroll down a little for the information) and let me tell you, it makes a world of difference not having to hear the stupid noise every time I push down on a mouse button. I can actually concentrate on a game or be stealthy during a boring class.

Also: Learned how to use a hyperlink. Pretty excited.
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Silent mouse
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 12:50:15 pm »
Nice! Those guys make great mice.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:00:47 pm »
Nice. But it only has 3 buttons. I'm a minimum 5 button man raptor myself.

Offline Ovalcircle

• Meh
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 07:53:52 pm »
Nice. But it only has 3 buttons. I'm a minimum 5 button man raptor myself.
I considered getting one that is silent and has more buttons, but then I thought "I'm already bad with hotkeys on the keyboard. Now I'm going to put them on my mouse?"
Winning a game of AI War provides me with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE AI

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 08:25:02 pm »
I considered getting one that is silent and has more buttons, but then I thought "I'm already bad with hotkeys on the keyboard. Now I'm going to put them on my mouse?"

The 4 and 5 thumb buttons are back and forward in browsers. So nice.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 08:32:28 pm »
I lived long enough with a mouse with 3 buttons and thought I would never need one with more.
Now I think I can never live without one with 5 buttons.
It's just too comfortable in video games when you have some extra buttons right on your hand.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 08:36:54 pm »
Stuck with 3 buttons, myself.  Piece of crap "iHome" mouse from Walmart.

The problem I run into with mice is the shape.  Most seem to be shaped like gigantic lumps.  I cant even hold the bloody things.  I bought this pricey Logitech thing with like 8 extra buttons on it that I figured would have a variety of uses, got it home, and 1 hour later, needed pain pills.  I don't understand how anyone can even USE these things.   I'll never grasp why they're shaped like that nowadays.

I picked up the crap mouse from Walmart because it's about as flat as a mouse gets, so I could actually freaking use it.  Dunno what I'll do if the thing breaks.  I had a hard time finding one like it in the first place.

The keyboard at least is a very different story.  But yeah, crap mouse.  Bah.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 06:38:43 pm »
I picked up the crap mouse from Walmart because it's about as flat as a mouse gets, so I could actually freaking use it.  Dunno what I'll do if the thing breaks.  I had a hard time finding one like it in the first place.

You probably need one of these. :P

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 10:13:02 pm »
The Rat3 was my previous one, actually.  Despite being a Madcatz product, it was actually a fantastic mouse, was quite surprised with it.  Was none too pleased when it eventually died.  But it lasted quite awhile.   Well, technically it still works, it's the mouse wheel that eventually broke.  Have never seen this newer one before.  $130 though... pretty high price there.

This entire series of mice look so strange though.  I remember shortly after I got it, my cousin came over to my house, and he took one look at it and said "What's wrong with that thing?  Did you get angry and stomp on it a few times?" 

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 11:23:20 pm »
This entire series of mice look so strange though.  I remember shortly after I got it, my cousin came over to my house, and he took one look at it and said "What's wrong with that thing?  Did you get angry and stomp on it a few times?"

Yeah, I totally get that feel.

$130 though... pretty high price there.

That was the newest (I think?) one. You might be able to get a 4 or 5 for cheaper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk