Author Topic: RPGs and grindyness.  (Read 6814 times)

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: RPGs and grindyness.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 10:36:08 pm »
So when i install big mod i basically can play BG1 through BG2 ToB ending + extra content of all kinds in one savegame?

You sure that works? I'd hate to install 11 cd's worth of games just to find out it doesn't work heh

But tis sounds very interesting..
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Kjara

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 03:22:59 am »
It has the normal transition between bg1 and bg2(aka you lose your party and items, and have to escape the starter dungeon), but it runs both using the same engine(so both within the bg2 launcher).  It has worked for me on vista, but it asks you to load bg1 once to create an autosave(I forget why), so you might still have to figure out how to get it to launch once.--Take a look at the first 3 or 4 pages of this pdf: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=534

The big difference of bgt is using the bg2 engine to run the bg1 maps(which if bg2 works and bg1 doesn't sounds like it would fix your bg1 problem).  There are a huge number of other mods you can have big picture add on top if you want on top of that, but it has a few "preset" options(basic,standard,tactic,expert), that autoselect all mods of a given type(basic mainly does tweakpack/fixpack(fixes a few bugs and broken things) type of mods, tactic includes all of the mods that increase enemy ai, etc).

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 03:52:34 am »
Oh man, thats so awesome

BiG World Project 8.2 *can currently not be installed* it seems i just tried this at a bad time

LMAO -  :o

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=43052&pid=467462&mode=threaded&start=#entry467462

Why can these things never be as simple as downloading a file unpacking it and it works? (And indeed, why aren't they?) ;P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 05:22:21 am by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Kjara

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 03:47:39 pm »
Well, what big picture does is download and run, then download 60-100 different files and run them(since most of those people are picky and refuse to let anyone else bundle their mods or host their mods on any other site but their own :)).  Edit: oh and they also want to save bandwidth, since some of the optional mods are pretty large(new areas/quests), and no point in making the people who don't want those mods to dl them.

Thats odd, I ran and installed an earlier version about a month ago, it seems like they have this issue every so often, but fix it pretty quickly.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 04:56:05 pm »
Yeah due to release of new version they have changed the link lists (so old setup won't install anymore)
But they haven't yet released a new setup...

I will simply do it "recommended" in that app when its out.... Tis was just really lol - how high are the chances that when i do a complete reinstall of BG1/BG2 and want to install a megamod its not available ^^

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 05:33:23 pm »
I know, right! 

What level were you!?  :D

I was 74 I think, from Beta Tespia.

Lol, I have a few ~20 chars and one level 30 char, I never had enough time on my hands to get THAT far lol.

rofl, well I was always inconsistent with my activity in the game--since I had access to the game right when it was released (non-beta) I could have wasted my life and easily have reached level 200 by a few years. 
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 06:53:48 pm »
Without reading the rest of the post and commenting only on the title, grind can die in a fire.

That is all :D

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 05:31:47 am »
Hah bigworld mod now has a working setup so now i am installing it.. Version 8.2 Recommended no less ,) does it really take 6 hours?

I am pretty curious whats changed.. i have a fairly modded BG2 had before but never a big mod or a mega mod, only tweaks / weidu mods and some new npcs...

Well after i finished dragon age tis only fitting to finish Baldurs Gate 1+Addon + Baldurs gate 2 + Addon one last time properly ;)

Offline quickstix

• Buy Now
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 07:57:18 am »
Currently playing through Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier on the DS (what a mouthful). Sometimes you need to buff up a level or two for bosses, but honestly grinding is fun as battles are really involved. You don't just pick a command and watch, you need to link attacks in your chain to keep the enemy in the air so they don't land and interrupt your attacks with a free counter. Then there's decisions on whether to link to other characters to increase the chain which increases the damage but takes away the opportunity to use items or whatnot, and lots of other stuff too.

It's really fun because it does things differently, sorta like an RPG crossed with a turn based action/arcade game. Plus the anime isn't over the top and has older main characters who are really interesting and funny, as opposed to the typical emotional/whingy teenager types that seem to propogate a lot of Japanese media (the main reason I haven't finished The World Ends With You yet).

Disgaea DS on the other hand... Level cap of 9999 anyone?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:01:28 am by quickstix »

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 10:09:07 am »
Anyone played Okami? Awesome game.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 12:20:53 am »
Anyone played Okami? Awesome game.