Author Topic: Question about posting threads and replies  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Alex2290

Question about posting threads and replies
« on: November 13, 2009, 02:36:49 am »
Why is it that when I post a thread or reply it takes me outside of the target thread? I always have to find the correct thread again to view it...

Rather annoying....

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: Question about posting threads and replies
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 05:21:07 am »
^just testing what you mean

Edit: darn , you are right..

I hope thats something fixable, i always wondered why it does that, thought its my browser o.o
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline quickstix

• Buy Now
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 07:59:48 am »
Profile (between Search and My Messages) -> Look and Layout Preferences (left hand menu) -> Return to topics after posting by default (should be a tick box)

Offline Alex2290

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:20:19 am »
Profile (between Search and My Messages) -> Look and Layout Preferences (left hand menu) -> Return to topics after posting by default (should be a tick box)

Wow there are so many weird defaults options on this forum....

Like it doesn't notify you of PMs and this.. I thought there was another but atm I can't remember I just woke up XD

Thanks...!

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 05:11:58 pm »
I also reverse the order of the threads, so when there is a new reply, rather than scrolling all the way through, the newest stuff is right at the top.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:27:05 pm »
Actually, this reminds of a issue i have with blogs - some blogs have newer posts buttons - on the LEFT and OLDER posts on the right / even though in a western society text goes from LEFT to RIGHT - ergo right is where newer/next should be, and LEFT were previous/older posts should be. I am talking about button positions.

Some blogs however have next post button on the *left* point to OLDER posts. That just doesn't make any sense (especially when you consider that the logical follow up to have a previous button pointing to the *newer* posts. As if these were previous (in time) - all hail broken blog software
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk