Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: Total Annihilation IN SPACE  (Read 135707 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Planetary Annihilation: Total Annihilation IN SPACE
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2012, 01:57:56 pm »
I backed!  :D  Sniped a $15 slot, haha. Apparently there's people jumping ship, though.  :/
They probably just upped their pledge and picked a non-limited reward.  That's what happened when I went up from $15 a while ago.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline icepick37

« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2012, 01:59:30 pm »
Yeah looks like it. I am an idiot.  :p

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »
So all in all, Total Annihilation offered the RTS genre something so ahead of its time, RTS games today are STILL struggling to catch up with all the innovations and features it brought to the table.
This. I've yet to find any RTS (aside from SupCom and Forged Alliance) that gets anywhere close as awesome. After you've played TA/SupCom, and other RTS just feels small, bland and uninteresting.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2012, 03:34:12 pm »
As long as we hit Galactic Wars, I'm happy; but getting the Full Orchestra and the Documentary would be fantastic!
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:29 pm »
As long as we hit Galactic Wars, I'm happy; but getting the Full Orchestra and the Documentary would be fantastic!
Yea, worst case, I've got the TA soundtrack with my GoG copy, can just use that :)

But seeing if they can get Jeremy Soule again, or surpass him, would be worthwhile.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2012, 05:35:59 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

^I plan to be playing that as the project finishes
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline Bossman

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2012, 01:25:29 am »
Huzzah! Galaxies will be annihilated! And there's 37 hours to go.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2012, 09:57:48 am »
We appear to have funded a machine whereby one of Uber's designers can consume galaxies.

... is this a good thing? ;)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2012, 10:00:33 am »
We appear to have funded a machine whereby one of Uber's designers can consume galaxies.

... is this a good thing? ;)

[If they break the 1.9 mil mark before they still have a day left, I'll double my investment]

Anyone know the extra game keys work? Do I get 2 keys if I currently have 40$ invested, or do I need to select the 40$ tier and then add 20$ manually?
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2012, 10:18:49 am »
Anyone know the extra game keys work? Do I get 2 keys if I currently have 40$ invested, or do I need to select the 40$ tier and then add 20$ manually?
If you want 2 normal (non-beta, non-alpha) keys you'd need to pledge $40+ and select the $20 reward tier; they'll ask what addons you want after the thing is over and the credit cards, etc actually charged,

If you want 1 beta key and 1 normal key you'd need to pledge $60+ and select the $40 reward tier (for the beta key) and addon a normal key in the survey they send later.

They have a fairly thorough explanation of the addons thing on there somewhere, I can point it out if you like.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2012, 10:18:57 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
Oh nooo that reminds me of all the horrible music lessons in school (~6 years ago)..
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:34 am »
Galactic Wars hit, and already 1/4th of the way to the Orchestra Goal.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:47 pm »
This should serve as an example to game developers of how to try to present ideas for kickstarter.

[Very imcomplete, but things I noted that helped lead to success]
*Clearly explain your idea and concept, demonstrate a clear plan for success and the goals of the game
*Make the game idea unique yet familiar
*Explain why the game makers are suited to their goal
*Make the initial seed money for success less then you need to break even if the made game is bare bones, with the expectation you will break it somewhat quickly [This is tricky]
*Add very numerous stretch goals that you hoped to do eventually anyway. Thus promote to add more money, making it so that you make the money you need anyway, but now you are dangling tasty treats encouraging upgrades from the current pool of players.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »
This should serve as an example to game developers of how to try to present ideas for kickstarter.

*Clearly explain your idea and concept, demonstrate a clear plan for success and the goals of the game
*Make the initial seed money for success less then you need to break even if the made game is bare bones, with the expectation you will break it somewhat quickly [This is tricky]
*Add very numerous stretch goals that you hoped to do eventually anyway. Thus promote to add more money, making it so that you make the money you need anyway, but now you are dangling tasty treats encouraging upgrades from the current pool of players.

That definitely explains the 200k for planet types. :P

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »

Yeah, makes me wonder if Defense Grid 2 had done that, would it have been a better outcome for them.
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk