Author Topic: Empyrion is Like Stars Beyond Reach...  (Read 35168 times)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Empyrion is Like Stars Beyond Reach...
« on: August 06, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »
Has anyone seen Empyrion? It was recommended to me, by the Steam program, because Steam said, it was similar to SBR. It looks very different, though very interesting looking though.

-Teal

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Empyrion is Like Stars Beyond Reach...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »
I backed it during its failed kickstarter, and it's definitely not similar aside from the fact that they both kind of involve space.  But it does look interesting.  Right now I'm kind of taking a wait and see approach, because it seems fairly content-light and I'm not sure about how the developers will do with it. 

They seem to be on solid footing so far in terms of being good folks and handling updates in a positive timeframe.  They also came up with some clever technical solutions to things like switching from space to a planet without a loading screen.  But I'm not really sure what it will evolve into, or how much it will evolve, so I'm kind of waiting.  If they manage to make this kind of a procgen survival game in space with interesting monsters and base building, then that will be great.  So far it's a bit early, though.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 04:56:39 am »
I took a look at the trailer and was underwhelmed. Seemed to me to be just yet another re-hash of old tropes and gameplay staples; not something I'd spend time on.
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:36:59 am »
The kickstarter made a much better case.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk