Author Topic: Particle Fleet: Emergence  (Read 15192 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: Particle Fleet: Emergence
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »
personally I like the idea of the story in a game having no narrative created by the developers and rather the players since as misery and others have put it game storeys really don't stand up to other mediums at the moment not that there incapable of doing so.
developers just need to stop being insecure and embrace the advantages of their medium rather than trying to copy others.
not implying that's the case with all of them just to clarify though.

on a side note to misery what exactly do you read? is it anything in particular or what ever random things grab your interest? I've got tons of books that I've got and are my radar I can point you in the direction of.
c.r

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 05:47:51 am »
I read a lot of horror, fantasy, sci-fi, some other stuff.  I'm not too picky when it comes to books really. 

My favorite stuff is the Discworld series.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 11:34:38 am »
I read a lot of horror, fantasy, sci-fi, some other stuff.  I'm not too picky when it comes to books really. 

My favorite stuff is the Discworld series.
I don't really read horror they don't scare me and I tend to find the plots to gimmicky (unless you count dean koontz as horror) apart from that I'm not picky either asides from crime books there to formulaic for me really.

never read anything from the disk world series though since I don't have the space for it really...yea I know I don't need to read the whole series but I'm completions when it comes to series and I like to own all of the books in a series having random books from a series just annoys me in way I cant quite explain.

now id like to point you in the direction of the broken empire series which is composed of 2 trilogy's (at the moment) both of which have their strengths and their weakness but are both worth reading the story trilogy's are separate from each other although linked in interesting ways.
now even though its labelled as fantasy in genera its not actually fantasy what it actually is (in my humble opinion) is post apocalyptic science fiction that just so happens to be set in a medieval culture.
c.r

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2016, 01:45:44 pm »
I also prefer a good book over a game but that does not mean that I cannot still enjoy a good story in a video game. It's not a matter of "Either this or that", you can have and like both.

I think people look too much at black and white and don't think about the parts between.

My favourite novels are btw from Stephen King, not that it would matter anything but since everyone is trhwoing stuff out that he likes.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2016, 05:18:07 am »
I also prefer a good book over a game but that does not mean that I cannot still enjoy a good story in a video game. It's not a matter of "Either this or that", you can have and like both.

I think people look too much at black and white and don't think about the parts between.

My favourite novels are btw from Stephen King, not that it would matter anything but since everyone is trhwoing stuff out that he likes.
I can as well I just meant that developers need to take advantage of the strengths of their medium(more)

Stephen kings pretty alright although I generally prefer his books that aren't heavily supernaturally themed  although I aboustley love his short story collections.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk