Author Topic: Online Card Games Thread  (Read 3980 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Online Card Games Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2017, 05:22:53 PM »
The message thing is kind of... silly. You have to click another tab on the message site and then go back to the tab with the messages. Happens most of the times with the tickets.

Don't trade with the cat merchant, at least not until you know the value of your cards. He makes most of the time deals that aren't that great but sometimes he can give you true valuable cards you want at any time. That's how I got my Angel Orperia card.

On terms of crashs: That migth just be your ohone running out of memory. of course this is to soem extend the fault of the game because it seems not be fully optimised. Closing other apps before might help.

Offline WolfWhiteFire

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »
So when the cat merchant offers you a deal and multiple cards are shown on his side, does that mean that you get those cards if you accept or that you can choose one of those cards if you accept?
That crazy non-hardcore player who decided that when AI War 2 comes out focusing on hunting the Nemesis as much as possible regardless of risk will be a good idea.

Offline TheVampire100

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
You get all these cards and you give all cards he wants. You can however ask for different cards, either on your side or on his side. if he offers soemtign good, you might want to ask if you can give him other cards.
Best is, that you first learn what the staple cards are in this game. This are cards, that are good in general, the wiki also gives you an idea in which mode they are better (PvE or PvP)l: http://mabinogiduelwiki.com/index.php/Staple
Might not be entirely up to date, some cards got nerfed, also the newest se is not in.

Offline TheVampire100

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2017, 03:13:46 AM »
Playing a lot of Plants vs Zombies Heroes lately. They've released a new challenge mode that allows you to play a challenge each day of the week to gather event points (points you need to unlock the current event card), which makes it a lot easier to get event cards. After you finished all 7 challenges in the week, you get a free premium pack (I don't know why they still call it that because there are no basic packs anymore).
In my opinion "Electric Boogaloo" needs a serious buff and the newly introduced event cards don't fix the problem at all. Well, maybe a little.
But first let me explain something because I doubt anyone plays this game or at least as much as I do.
In PvsZ Heroes heroes are made of two classes instead of one hero being a class in himself (like in any other Hearthstone clone, I mean card game to this day). Because of this system, you have a wider varity of cards you can use on your heroes but they still relate to the strategies, the hero can use. More so because unlike mentioned clones, there are no neutral cards in Heroes that benefit all heroes.

The game has also the feature that it has asynchronous rounds. Zombies get the first round but can only play creatures, plants than get the next round and can play both creatures and spell and react to placed zombies, then zombies can play spells and react to created threats, after that the battle starts and all zombies and plants battle each other if they sit in the same lane, otherwise they attack the opponent hero directly.
Because of this system, plants and zombies use different cards, because plants can counter pretty much any zombie without zombies having the ability to play new zombies to block damage, some zombies get for example the "gravestone" trait which allows them to be played safely as "gravestone" where they are immune to damage and spells (unless its gravebuster). Plants however get creatures that can be played in the same lane, using one plant to tank damage of incoming gravestone zombies for example while the other deals damage. They have strong control spells to secure that they are still safe, even with the extra turn on the zombie side.

Now back to Electric Boogaloo. He is a disco-themed zombie hero and his classes are crazy and beastly. Crazy cards are strong creatures with lot of damage, but little hp, basically almost every creature in that tribe has only 1 hp which means even a 1 cost plant can kill it easily. Plus, almost no gravestones (not that it would save it, blocked is blocked). Since zombies play first, you can basically not use your cards to block plants but they can do it the other way. Then there is the annoying card "sour grapes" which costs 4 sun and deals 1 damage to each zombie. In Electric Boogaloos case this means his entire field is down. Electric Boogaloo relies on running down the opponent with cheap creatures that deal huge damage but can easily be removed.
His other class, beastly, allows him to play more tanky but weaker creatures but offers him some strong removal spells like locust swarm which destroys any plant for 5 brains. His main strategy is to swarm the board quickly with cheap but strong zombies to finish the opponent hero quickly. You can use disco zombie to play two creatures for 3 brains, which offers a nice start but both creatures have only 1 health and can easily be taking down. A common strategy is to swarm the field with disco zombies and then play a flamenco zombie which deals 2 direct damage to the opponent for evey dance related zombie.With a field of 3 dance zombies plus the fourth flamenco zombie (fifth lane is water and there are no dance zombies for the water lane) you can deal a max of 8 damage (of 20 max hp).
The problem with this strategy is, Eleectric Boogallo has no draw mechanics. None. His entire theme is centered around plaing a lot of cheap creatures but he runs out quickly of cards because he has zero cards to draw new cards except one of his super powers that let's him get one new card. It's pretty much over once you have only one card in your hand, since all his zombies can be instakilled and he cannot draw enough cards to make up for it.
I hope "Secret Agent" (which will come out soon as event card) will help him a little. It let's you pull back one zombie from the field and gives it a +3/+3 boost. That way you can recycle your already used cards and give them a much needed stat boost. Like Flamenco Zombie, use his ability twice if you didn't get enough damage the first time. For only 1 cost it is also a cheap card which fits in Boogaloos theme.

Until then he is pretty much defenseless in most situations unless you are evry lucky with your draws while the opponent has terrible draws.

Offline TheVampire100

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »
Huh, surprisingly the Zombie High Diver is better than I thought. The zombie has very average stats (3 brains, 2/3) plus the gravestone trait. If placed on the elevated lane, he moves to the water lane and gets +1/+1. A 3/4 card int he water lane is very strong for 3 costs, no amphibious plant card with the same costs can deal with it. You can even buff this zombie more if you use headstone carver which gives gravaestone zombies additional +1/+1, making it a 4/5 card. At first I underestimated this card but then I realized that pretty much every deck that does not have access to ambphibious cards has a hard time. The player has to use his strong removals on the card which means he has to divide his control crads between the high diver and my other cards.

On another note, Duelyst has released a new game mode, called "Rift mode". Rift mode gives you a deck with only basic cards at the start and you can play against other decks. If you win or loose, you accumalte xp, once you have enough, your deck levels up and you get an upgrade point. You can use this upgrade point to replace any card of the deck with another one. the game prompts you 6 randomly chosen cards fromt he game, you can even get cards from other factions and use them in your deck. You can win and losse as many times as you want in this mode, he ends at the end of the month and instead you have a "Rift Rating" which acts as measurement how good you are with the deck. Wins net you more points, losses reduce your rating. Appearently there are no rewards for now but they might give out something for high performers at the end of the month. The mode is really interesting for experimenting and testing new strategies and it keeps the game fresh between the usual ranked grind.