Author Topic: (music related) what music (if any) are you listening to at the moment?  (Read 18334 times)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
If I told you what I'm listening to you'd run away with your ears covered. I have a very particular taste that is generally not appreciated.
rap dub step pop? before I discovered folk metal I hated metal and thought it was crap so if anybody wants to try and surprise me with stuff from those genera's they can go ahead and do that. ps does anybody else happen to like gotye?
c.r

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
I get sucked into this every once in a while and have to stick it on repeat.
Tonight was an accident relative to the date, but certainly a good track for Cinco de Mayo.
(I don't listen to much music, most of which is either parody or vocal-less).
that music videos pretty neat (I love the animation) that songs meh for me personally apart from the part with the drums which I quite like.
c.r

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Its not exactly obscure as hell, its just a part of an older SMT game's sound track and not titled something like 'Battle 2', which shows up more often. Its not too far off in views from some more recent tracks from the same company, actually :)
FWIW, the song's called An Honor Befitting That Name just about everywhere you can find it. I prefer Take the Shield, Raise the Spear anyway. Good music to kill a living genesis to.

Replying to this post here, I am SO disappointed by Q's ost. After the excellent mixes in the P3 movies (and as an EO fan) I was looking forward to the game, but ultimately decided to pass. Better music might have convinced me the other way.

In a fit of hypocrisy, I'm listening to the Xenoblade X soundtrack. Right this second it's Don't Worry, the robot flight theme. A lot of people are complaining about the ost, but I quite like it.

Ooh, haven't heard that one yet in the lp. Sounds like a final boss-ish theme though.

How are the p3 movies, by the way? i haven't tried to look for anything related to them, since I had no idea if they were any good and heard conflicting opinions on p4 the animation.
Unless I'm remembering wrong it's the final boss theme all right. Though, it does sample the main menu theme.

The movies are quite good, way better than the P4 anime. That is, unless you like the S Link characters. They're all extras in this.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
I like most anything.

* Morning jacket's new album is not good. I could not finish it on Rhapsody (yes, I do legal music). I don't really think they play their instruments very well, and they sound like they are wailing.
* Mumford & Sons' new song Tompkins Square Park is the real deal. The rest of the album has some good spots but nothing that sustains the strong mood from that first track.
* Ciara's new album is the typical stuff from her. Meh.
* Modest mouse's new album isn't as good as the old stuff.
* California Nights' "Best Coast" album is hilariously dramatic middle-aged pop. I enjoyed it.
* Electronic music is overloaded right now. Something for everybody. I guess I like electronic music that maintains some kind of cohesive theme and rhythm. Some of this stuff right now has 10 or 11 different diversions going on that you really can't bob your head to it. The whole point of electronic music, for me, is so that when I am programming I can get into my zone and just pound something out. If I need to debug, I switch to Baroque music (which if you don't know, is basically Crusader Kings music… the real stuff!).
* Rap can be good for programming.
* Most Country sucks. Some rich white guy trying to convince me that he's some cowboy from the dusty road that likes his booze and farm women or something. I don't know. It just sounds fake. And if it's just supposed to be storytelling and a soundtrack for the southern experience (or fantasy), I guess I'm not meant to get it. I guess you could say the same thing for a lot of rap, but the beat is better!

I will listen to albums looking for good tracks, but it's rare these days to get an album that is good from front to back. Like Pearl Jam from back in the day, or Dave Matthews' old stuff, or Blues Traveler's "Four."
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
I like most anything.

* Morning jacket's new album is not good. I could not finish it on Rhapsody (yes, I do legal music). I don't really think they play their instruments very well, and they sound like they are wailing.
* Mumford & Sons' new song Tompkins Square Park is the real deal. The rest of the album has some good spots but nothing that sustains the strong mood from that first track.
* Ciara's new album is the typical stuff from her. Meh.
* Modest mouse's new album isn't as good as the old stuff.
* California Nights' "Best Coast" album is hilariously dramatic middle-aged pop. I enjoyed it.
* Electronic music is overloaded right now. Something for everybody. I guess I like electronic music that maintains some kind of cohesive theme and rhythm. Some of this stuff right now has 10 or 11 different diversions going on that you really can't bob your head to it. The whole point of electronic music, for me, is so that when I am programming I can get into my zone and just pound something out. If I need to debug, I switch to Baroque music (which if you don't know, is basically Crusader Kings music… the real stuff!).
* Rap can be good for programming.
* Most Country sucks. Some rich white guy trying to convince me that he's some cowboy from the dusty road that likes his booze and farm women or something. I don't know. It just sounds fake. And if it's just supposed to be storytelling and a soundtrack for the southern experience (or fantasy), I guess I'm not meant to get it. I guess you could say the same thing for a lot of rap, but the beat is better!

I will listen to albums looking for good tracks, but it's rare these days to get an album that is good from front to back. Like Pearl Jam from back in the day, or Dave Matthews' old stuff, or Blues Traveler's "Four."
I cant argue with you about modern country its pretty much turned into pop music their just pretending to be not like real country were people value things like family and so on.
c.r

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Have some DFO music, because its pretty great.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
Built To Spill's latest album Untethered Moon has been rotating in my daily drive since it came out a couple weeks ago.  I think it's some of their best work.  Living Zoo, in particular is great.  Can't really mention Living Zoo without also mentioning Never Be The Same
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:27:27 pm by mrhanman »

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
If I told you what I'm listening to you'd run away with your ears covered. I have a very particular taste that is generally not appreciated.
rap dub step pop? before I discovered folk metal I hated metal and thought it was crap so if anybody wants to try and surprise me with stuff from those genera's they can go ahead and do that. ps does anybody else happen to like gotye?
Bitpop and chiptunes, mostly. Anything with singing in it tend to be very basic on a melodical level and thus bores the crap out of me. I prefer instrumental music where the musician is the focus, not the singer. Signing and lyrics just don't interest me. Musical theory though...now that's the stuff.

And believe it or not, bitpop and chiptunes have a lot of that, because due to the restraints they've put on themselves with the sound, they have to be creative with the melody, music and arrangements. So that's why I like it. Yeah, I'm a bit nerdy like that ^^
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:30:24 am by Mánagarmr »
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Bitpop and chiptunes, mostly. Anything with singing in it tend to be very basic on a melodical level and thus bores the crap out of me. I prefer instrumental music where the musician is the focus, not the singer. Signing and lyrics just don't interest me. Musical theory though...now that's the stuff.  that's pretty cool personally I don't really look at music by genera ill listen to anything I decide I like regardless.

And believe it or not, bitpop and chiptunes have a lot of that, because due to the restraints they've put on themselves with the sound, they have to be creative with the melody, music and arrangements. So that's why I like it. Yeah, I'm a bit nerdy like that ^^
that all sounds cool personally what I listen to is whatever stuff I find on YouTube I end up liking I don't really like to look for things by genera personally. edit I totally didn't forget to put my actual reply in this and redo it 0_0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:52:28 pm by crazyroosterman »
c.r

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
I think you forgot two actually write something there ;)
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Brenda_Webb

• Newbie Mark II
The 1965 track 'Like A Rolling Stone' by Bob Dylan.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
I just discovered a band called everything everything arc has a lot of catchy stuff and man alive is really friggin weird in a good way.
c.r

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
It seems like my music taste is very different from you guys. But I've always liked psychedelic progressive, goa and psy trance. So psychedelic music genre it is.. psychedelic like my SuperCat profile picture.
Some of my favorite artists and/or tracks:
Psychedelic progressive:
Protonica (Protonica is love, Protonica is life)
-Subground
-Refresh
Symphonix
-Smooth Vibes
-You As Well

Goa trance:
Artifact303
-Mysterious Fantasy
E-Mantra
-Perihelion

Psy trance:
Cosmo Circle
-Vindo Do Espaco
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:26:25 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
okay bit of a weird one here does anybody else like listening to soviet Russian music? disclaimer I'm aware soviet Russia was a horrible mess of a country but holy shit balls did they make some dam good music
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk