Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 49745 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #255 on: July 23, 2016, 07:21:26 pm »
It is right now free. You have to log in and go to the store and "pay" 1 silver (there does not seem to be another way for this). You get the silver to pay once you log in.
You get 1500 gold for that. I'm currently looking what is best advised to buy for it.
I wouldn't buy normal boosters to be honest, you get them really easy with normal gameplay anyway.
This offer lasts for 48 hours, so until tomorrow I guess.

The current card of the day is Soulreap for 900 gold. The card is pretty bad in normal decks but can be good in Allyoin/Nekrium decks that focus on attack debuffs. If youw ant to buy this card, look out for cards like metatransfer, sap and electirc net. They are all common cards, so easy to get and they reduce a good amount of the attack of enemy creatures. Sap even reduces the attack to zero.
On Nekrium cards you might want to get Epidemic (good card in every nekrium deck anywayx but has heroic rarity), Vyrics Embrace (common) and bitterfrost totem. You may also want to add Xraths Will, however than you have to build a zombie deck.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:36:07 pm by TheVampire100 »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2016, 04:14:01 am »
Card of the day is now a good Uterra legendary creature. The card has good stats and very good abilities. It has breakthrough (exceeding damage to creatures goes directly to the enemy player) and gets bonus attack and health every time it deals damage to the enemy player.
The card costs 300 gold which is a fair price.
If you buy this card, build an Uterra/Tempys deck centered around direct damage and aggressive. Creatures that benefit from directly attacking the oppenent will most of the time be blocked by tanky creatures, so aggressive can help you to land an attack before this happens.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2016, 04:21:52 am »
I found something that might help new Solforge players.
There are two promo codes that give 5 booster packs each. These packs are redeemable on any account you create.
In order to redeem your free packs go to thhis website and enter the code: http://solforgegame.com/redeem/
You have to log-in/register before of course. I tried the codes myself and they work.

ASC_FREE_PACKS
SCG_FREE_PACKS

These are basic booster packs, meaning they contain cards of any set currently released.
The chance to get a legendary in a booster pack is 10% so you can except to get at least one (still might get none but in my experience you rather get two then none). There is also a 50% chance on getting a heroic card in each pack, so except around 4-6 heroics.
Each pack contains 6 cards, so have a starting set of 60 free cards.

In Solforge you build decks out of 30 cards. Most cards (but not all, more to that later)  have three levels. No matter what card you get from a pack, you always get all three levels of that card. In a match both players dra 5 cards each turn and at the end of their turn they discard all cards to draw five new cards. You can play up to two cards each turn. You may also discard a card instead of playing it. Playing or discarding a card levels this card up and places the level up version into the discard pile. You might have noticed that at the rate of drawing new cards you will soon empty your deck. However, after four turns each player shuffles their discard pile back into their deck. This allows you to drawnow the leveled up versions of your cards. Leveled up versions are stronger or get new effects. Some cards migth even change entirely.
There are two types of cards int he game, creatures and spells. Creatures are placed in the lanes and stay there until they die. There are only five lanes in the game on both sides of the table. You and your opponent play creatures in their lane and creatures in opposing lanes battle after each turn. Creatures are defined with attack and health, attack is the value that a creature decreases from the opposing creature's health or, if there is none, to the enemy player's health.
Spells have different effects that affect players or creatures, they can modify the values of creatues or destroy them, they can also modify the health of both players or give them special effects. Most spells target only creatures at specific levels, a level 1 spell for example can most of the time only target level 1 creatures. Higher levels allow to target higher level creatures.
The goal is to decrease the hp of the opponent to zero, there is no other win condition (except if one player quits the match).
There are multiple special abilities and effects that creatures and spells can make use of, here are some prominenent examples in the game:

Armor: Reduces the first incoming damage about the value the armor has at each turn for each player individually (so it reduces the damage on your turn and then again on the opponent's turn).

Mobility: Allows you to move the creature around the lanes.

Upgrade: If you play this creature on another creature (and replacing it) it gets additional effects.

Poison: Deals damage equal to its value towards the player or creature at each turn individually.

Aggressive: Battles whenever it can, even in the round summoned. Negates defender.

Defender: Does not battle unless the oppossing monster initiates a battle.

Breakthrough: Damge that exceeds the health of the oppsing creature damages the enemy player.

Regenerate: Heals damage equal to the value of regenerate each turn individualy.

There are of course a lot more abilities but you can except to see these the most time.
In Solforge you have to plan ahead and think about what cards you need levelel up more in the upcoming rounds.

If you have any questions about the game and need more information I can help you out. I've playing this game since the earliest alpha stage and know everythign there is to know. I can also give you information about the current Meta if you want if you have soem basic information and grasp about the basic concept.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:28:49 am by TheVampire100 »

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2016, 03:59:36 am »

I finally did it. Holy sh*t. I am shaking. That was tough.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2016, 03:43:04 pm »
Re: Solforge

Tried it..
No rewards for losing in PVP
No Rewards for wins against AI
No Rewards for playing whatsoever, daily quests aside, which are not as easy as you would think with a starter deck...
Sigh ( I tried a few ranked matches, and faced off against decks with so many synergies that they were clearly paid-for decks, not normally new player constructed whatsoever)

I got 6 tickets in my first few (AI campaign) wins (no idea what to do with them) but now I am stuck with the starter deck +15 boosters that gave me cards for which I have zero synergies in my decks, for the most part these boosters gave me cards I already had (ie, starter decks)... and my 3 legendaries were all kinda bad spells. Alltogether from 15 boosters I got maybe 10 cards I didn't already have (in terms of plain STARTING decks).

Re: Spellweaver

Tried it.. again I must say
Matchmaking took a good 200 seconds each time ~.~
Quests are fun but.. expansion costs money and cards don't drop from it if you don't own it. (HS principle, hate it)
Crafting requires you to have a ton of cards

In both I must say the first play experience is also atrociously bad ;P
Sadly enough, the game that (For me) play wise would be most interesting is Spellweaver... but matchmaking taking THAT long is just no fun whatsoever.

Overall, this was a kinda meh experiment.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:46:35 pm by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2016, 04:18:48 pm »
Eraser, what did you think of Duelyst?

I don't remember if you had given your opinion. That game rewards the sh*t out of you.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2016, 04:59:15 pm »
Eraser, what did you think of Duelyst?

I don't remember if you had given your opinion. That game rewards the sh*t out of you.

Yeah I actually kinda like Duelyst and the win / game rewards ;) Just generally suck at it once I reach rank 20~... for now, so no opinion yet.

I still play it semi regularly to be honest, it's by FAR the only game that is not pay to win, or at least doesn't feel like it.

Ps.: And it's the only game that takes its lore serious. Love the codex, the descriptions of the ages, the monsters.. and it's the only pixel art game that doesn't look horrendous in motion.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:25:55 pm by eRe4s3r »
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2016, 08:40:12 pm »
You can bulk scrap double cards for silver (include sharable cards because otherwise he won't include all) and then forge the needed cards.
You can also ask someone if he is willing to share his cards with you since the owner of the cards won't loose them, he simply copies them over to you.
Event tickets are used for tournaments, I suggest draft since you keep cards you drafted. This is a good way to improve your collection, even if you don't intend to win the tournament you can simply select cards you need for your collection. Even if you loose the tournament you get one booster pack.

In the later caomaign missions (the harder ones) you get forgeborns. Forgenorns are the strongest cards int he game because they have FOUR level compared to the usual three. The first Forgeborn you can get is Oros who is also currently stong in the meta.

hee is also a list of some good budget decks for beginner players: https://solforgegame.com/forum/strategy-discussion/best-budget-deck-thread-6-or-less-legendary/

I still have tons of shareable cards too, if you want.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2016, 09:05:25 pm »
Nah I can only focus on 1 such game.. and for now it's Duelyst... Kinda like that even the games where I lose, it is usually pretty close or rather a case of "me not knowing the cards yet" ,) In Solforge it was usually total rofl stomps (of my 7 rounds pvp, 7 were losses) which is about as much fun as it sounds for a new player, also makes me wonder wtf matchmaking was doing, or whether that really doesn't do ANY matchmaking.... which would be super odd.

And I can't even get through the first real campaign mission, the one with that infinity healing dude...  as I said, those 10 booster packs were really nice, but they gave me nothing of ANY value for my card synergies (And I am missing half of each of Budget deck, at the very least)...  so I am left with cards that don't synergize together and no apparent way to gain more gold/boosters. And tournament with drafted cards is not exactly helpful when you, like me, don't know 99% of the cards since you only see them fly by in constructed, that's too much wasted time for 1 booster..... and I can't seem to find any way to watch proper replays or see proper card descriptions.... also in Solforge one thing that annoys me completely is that poison is negated by armor and doesn't lower attack :-\ So it's a completely useless ability.... could have saved me from 1 embarassing loss at the very least, if the game had actually explained poison properly ;/

And when it comes down to it, the way the rounds work in Solforge drives me insane. There is way too much fluctuation in a round due to massive roflstomp spells that just flat out reduce attack/HP on everything... so to me, it feels like the amped up version of a slot machine.

I feel like at no point, even though I did all the tutorials and tried my best, I had never a clue wtf was going on in Solforge. The oddly lopsided and against clearly vastly better decks than mine PVP didn't help my learning either. Compared to that, Duelyst eases you softly into strategy and bots that can chew you out proper.

Anyway, Duelyst is by far the best of these imo. Mainly because it has a 20second match making for the most part. Sometimes it's even instant. INSTANT... yeah.. Ehem ;p

My real problem with Solforge is that in the 2 hours I tested it I basically got nowhere. Yeah the game throws gold rewards at you at the beginning, and that is deceptive as hell. Because those booster pack are EXPENSIVE. Now admittably I don't know whether wins give you gold, as the matchmaking thought it fun to match me against.. well not new players, I guess.

Btw, one time in Solforge other player Quit just as I was about to win and I got nothing for the victory... so that is really MEH
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:15:31 pm by eRe4s3r »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2016, 10:18:52 pm »
Poison isn't actually negated but added as the first damage. This means if the enemy has 5 armor and you do 2 damage, there is only 3 effective armor left for the next attack. So in other words, poison and armor negate each other, not only one thing the other. You can use poison to ease up heavy armored enemies.

I agree however on the matchmaking. I count this to the new release plus client. Because of this you will see a lot of veteran players on the lower ranks because they haven't played in a long while or anything like that but still know the game better. i hope this will eventually clear up in the next month. hopefully the developers will also improve the matchmaking because currently it seems you can face platinum players in ranked when you are only silver or bronze. I don't know HOW this even works but this shouldn't happening. It's ranked ofr  areason, I rather wait a little longer instead of getting crushed by a player in the top ranks.

The first wins gives you a free booster pack, the third and sith a free ticket. playing three imes a day gives you also a ticket.
You get additionally silver for every win but I don't know the exact amount because the game does not tell you that you get any. You can only tell by looking at your silver count.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2016, 07:24:15 am »
Poison isn't actually negated but added as the first damage. This means if the enemy has 5 armor and you do 2 damage, there is only 3 effective armor left for the next attack. So in other words, poison and armor negate each other, not only one thing the other. You can use poison to ease up heavy armored enemies.

I agree however on the matchmaking. I count this to the new release plus client. Because of this you will see a lot of veteran players on the lower ranks because they haven't played in a long while or anything like that but still know the game better. i hope this will eventually clear up in the next month. hopefully the developers will also improve the matchmaking because currently it seems you can face platinum players in ranked when you are only silver or bronze. I don't know HOW this even works but this shouldn't happening. It's ranked ofr  areason, I rather wait a little longer instead of getting crushed by a player in the top ranks.

The first wins gives you a free booster pack, the third and sith a free ticket. playing three imes a day gives you also a ticket.
You get additionally silver for every win but I don't know the exact amount because the game does not tell you that you get any. You can only tell by looking at your silver count.

Well yeah, but so armor negates poison in that it doesn't really do anything aside from reducing armor once every 2 attacks (since a unit facing a unit is technically attacking and attacked, which both does the same thing* aside from 1 or the other being the aggressor and thus the one dealing dmg to the player should it pass, so there are 2 attack phases in 1 cycle) which is VERY much unlike MTG, where poison is on your unit indefinitely and it does what it does always. (That being -1/-1 counter, which can be a huge boon against certain extremely buffed units, especially those that have lifelink or major attack, units, that you really don't wanna attack with a matching force and lack the removal options ;p).

You see, in MTG I can use poison to reduce the threat of a unit, to feed off and to activate funky abilities. But in Solforge it's just a DOT effect.. which is exactly why poison is worthless. I bring on the field a weak unit that does DOT to 1 unit, but it only does that once every 2 attacks due to the way the combat works, meaning it's an entire wasted cycle where my DOT does not apply, but the unit I dotted can still attack just fine, up to 3 times before the 2nd cycle of the DOT activates.

Ps.: I did not get a booster pack when the other player disconnected. So either that is a MAJOR bug or the reward was delayed... but since that was the 8th match (first 7 losses.. so no rewards) I can't be sure it didn't count AI wins before. Which would be.. odd.

PPs.: So I get rewards for a win (booster pack aside) and the game doesn't tell? Why would a game not tell me when I get a reward? That is the basic principle of a reward loop. That really ought to be working and not broken when you release a game. Either way, I will give this another go.. next year or so. Because it is not a finished game imo. It doesn't feel finished
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:27:25 am by eRe4s3r »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2016, 08:02:08 am »
You may laugh but Poison is currently pretty strong in the Meta. There is a car calles Malice hermit that gets attack and health for every creature that died to poison, including your own. He also gives every other creature posion when he is played.
Besides creature poison, there is also player poison, but rarer. Since there is only one card that removes poison from players, you can drain out your opponent over time. However, player poison is not popular at the moment because healer decks are too popular at this point.
There are other cards that improve or benefit from poison (Venomdrinker, Leyline Vermin, Netherscale).
You can also remove armor with cards that remove abilities (keep in mind, this removes poison as well except the card says it only removes armor).

The reason why poison is so popular is because you cannot remove it or heal from it without also destroying your own abilities. Unliek MtG cards do not regenerate back to full health if they survive a fight (which is the reason why MtG progresses so slowly while Solforge is fast paced), meaning you drin your opponent every turn. Noxious cloud is in my opinion one of the best cards in the game because it adds tons of poison to every creature on the oppenents side.
Also, mono color decks aren't very popular in solforge except there is a good reason to do this (for exampel a Forge Guradian deck). Adding an additional color to a deck improves it a lot because you can remove it weaknesses. For example you could either add Nekrium or Alloyin cards. allyoin would allow you to add your own armor, level up creatures faster or remove abilities (not advised in poison decks). Allyoing have also a lot of damage debuffs.
Nekrium might be better for you, since you talked about MtG poison. Nekrium cards work pretty much like that, they remove attack and health with a lot on their cards. they also have a lot of instadeath cards liek dreadbolt and death current. if you have death current, put it ALWAYS into a nekrium or nekrium-mixed deck. It is pretty much the best kill card in the game. killign a random creature migth not sound like much but at level three it kills two random creatures.
You can also add some zombies, so you don't loose field control when a creature dies. It gets replaced by a new zombie.

Anyway, I know you won't continue the game but that are just soem thoughts and stuff I wanted to clear up.
The whole release was probably rushed and the client had a very bad start (players couldn't play at all). I still remember the earliest alpha days when the game was all about spamming Echowisp. Nowadays I don't see this card at all.

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2016, 09:54:38 am »
Yeah I can see your point there about poison dominating in the meta if it works like that, but that is a really moot point for my new play experience with it ;p (And if you say that MM is currently mixing it up wildly.. then yeah) I have no cards for any budget deck or meta.. and my poison synergies are basically 2 cards. (Befuddling after 15 boosters, so well over 90 cards, but that is what it is...)

I couldn't believe what bad drops came from the boosters actually. In Duelyst, a new pack makes you all giggly because you might get an interesting new card that adds something fancy to your already existing deck, or gives you counters to strategies. But no matter what, you always seem to get at least 1 or 2 very nice cards in Duelyst from a pack.

I just.. feel like this booster system in Soulforge is rigged. But that could be my limited (15 booster packs) experience.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2016, 04:34:44 pm »
It isn't rigged, the problem is, all expansions, all sets are in the same booster, so with every exapnsion your chance of getting the specific card you need gets smaller and smaller. That's also why people that played the game since alpha have an advantage. Not because they bought their cards with real money but because the chance of getting cards they needed has been higher back there.
In my opinion this system does not work. Whenever they release a new expanion, you have a smaller chance of getting specific cards. The chance of getting legendaries is high, the chance of getting a legenadary you need however is terrible. You will most liekely end with legendaries you cannot use at the moment because you lack other cards. Using silver to forge some cards is clearly the best option at the start to get some of the more important cards. It is advised to look what legendaries you have from free boosters and then check what cards in the same faction would help you with that legendary.

The card pool of duelyst is a lot lower compared to the card pool of Solforge, that's why your chance of getting more useful cards is easier. I got already packs with no useful cards at all three times in a row but the chance is slimmer because there aren't many cards to begin with. Solforge has a lot more cards and that's why the current booster pack system does not work. Yo have literally no chance to get exactly the card you need. and it gets only worse because they regulary release new sets with new mechanics. They should seperate the different sets in their own boosters. This would improve the deck building quality a lot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk