Author Topic: Forum users are now on the wiki!  (Read 22748 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Forum users are now on the wiki!
« on: March 07, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
I have just added nearly all the forum users to the wiki. This means that you can now use your forum login to sign in to the wiki! However, not everyone can do this; about 2500 people were not brought over. I'm currently working on moving them over to, but it doesn't want to cooperate there. For reference, there are about 16000 users moved over. Thus, your odds of being unlucky and having a profile that won't move over are quite low.

In order to log in you will use your forum username with the first letter capitalized, if it isn't already. Spaces and other character are there too. Your password for the wiki is whatever password you had set on your forum account as of 7:00 P.M. EST of today (Saturday, March 07, 2015).

If you cannot log-in using those credentials or have any questions, please PM/email me or post here.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:32:15 am by Dominus Arbitrationis »
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Mal

• Murder Time! Fun Time!
Re: Forum users are now on the wiki!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 05:07:17 am »
You are awesome! Thanks so much for doing this :)

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 02:34:26 pm »
You are awesome! Thanks so much for doing this :)

Thanks! I would also like to bring it up that I'm attempting to "share" the users, so that they both update with each other. I probably should start keeping a dev log for all of this...

As always, I love suggestions for more stuff, so feel free to send it to me in any way!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:55:44 pm »
Can you please make a short FAQ on how to login and what our password is? Provide links please.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 11:11:59 pm »
Can you please make a short FAQ on how to login and what our password is? Provide links please.

I'll just post it here for now. Tomorrow I'll add pictures and stuff, along with copy it elsewhere.

• Navigate to the wiki
  • Click the button in the top right corner that reads "Log in / create account". Link to login page
  • Enter your forum username in the username box.
  • Enter your forum password in the password box
  • Press the "Log in" button

If that doesn't work, please post here and I'll check if you were imported into the wiki. If you weren't, I'll also bring your account over.

Cyborg: You are in the wiki system. If you forgot your password, the password reset button will send you a password to the email you use for the forums.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:16:24 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 11:48:18 am »
Hi all, just tried to log on to the wiki and it looks like I'm not in the system. Sorry to ask, but could someone see if I am?

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 12:19:55 pm »
I see you in there. Try resetting your password, and if that doesn't work I'll use my magic database skills to reset everything to be the same as your forum information.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »
I think this is a major step in improving the wiki. Since Wikis are mostly community driven this will be a great help in improving it.
Thank you very much for doing this.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »
That was my main goal. You're welcome! Now all we need is a lot of people to move there and update it!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:33:14 pm »
I see you in there. Try resetting your password, and if that doesn't work I'll use my magic database skills to reset everything to be the same as your forum information.
Oops, forgot to say I'm in, and thank you.

Offline tbrass

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 11:40:16 pm »
I can't seem to log in. Forums - no problem. Wiki - incorrect password. Same password entered in both places. Thoughts?

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:44 pm »
Have you tried resetting your wiki password?

Offline tbrass

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 11:58:03 pm »
reset. Now I can log in to both sides.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 12:09:52 am »
Resets usually work :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk